| -03. miss maeve

"5 amazing magicians. 3 impossible heists. 1 billion dollars. this is no illusion."

*********

July 6
2:54 p.m

"SO, WHO HAS AN IDEA ON HOW to steal millions from the Credit Republican of Paris?"

The Five Horsemen had their daily meeting today. The apartment that they all first met in was still uninhabitable, so they all decided that Daniel's place would suffice.

Daniel wasn't over the moon about this, but he gave in when the group threatened to kick him out of the magic squad.

Everyone situated themselves in the living room of his apartment. Henley, Jack, and Merritt were taking over the two couches while Maeve sat on the coffee table, much to Daniel's protest.

"Well, it will be difficult getting past the security cameras and into the vault itself." Maeve told him. "Is there another way to get it without exposing our faces?"

Henley typed away on the computer positioned in her lap. Pulling up the site, she hacked into one of the security detail pages for the bank. "There is a truck coming with about 3.2 million euros on July 11."

"And what about Etienne?"

"He is still in Paris." Jack informed him. "All we need to do is convince him to go to Vegas."

Maeve opened up her own laptop and plugged in the USB drive with the plans for their performance, unaware of Merritt whispering something in Jack's ear and rendering him unconscious. Scrolling through, she thought of something strange.

"What if we stole from the truck?" Merritt joked, and an invisible light bulb lit up on top of Maeve's head. Daniel rolled his eyes. "Oh yeah, and then we can all get arrested from the cops following it."

"Actually," Maeve sat up from her spot and moved over to the white board next to Daniel. "Merritt is on to something."

"I am? I was just joking."

Taking the dry erase marker from Daniel, she drew the inside of a truck. "Maybe a few of us could hide under the money as the others follow behind as guards."

Maeve drew stick figures, representing the five magicians, in their positions.

Daniel crossed his arms. "But then how will we do that?"

Maeve couldn't believe how stupid Daniel was being at the moment. "Daniel, we have a hypnotist." She deadpanned.

Merritt puffed out his chest and smirked proudly. Maeve motioned to him. "He can hypnotize the truck driver and the guards. All we need to do is figure out how to duplicate all of it and make it disappear when we need it to."

"Oh!" Jack shot his hand up, raising it high into the air. He looked like he was trying to reach the ceiling with his fingertips. Maeve gave him a questioning look. "You don't need to do that."

Behind her, Maeve heard someone quietly snort in laughter. Turning around, she glared at Merritt. "Don't hypnotize acquaintances, McKinney."