| 06. etienne forcier

Happy Fourth of July from Italy!! I will be here for little over than a week, but that doesn't mean that I'm not writing ;-)
~Mia

*********

"candidates for initiation must follow a series of commands with blind obedience; for only by taking a leap of faith will their eyes truly be opened to the world of miracles."

*********

THE CROWD SCREAMED OUT LOUD after Maeve told them what the last act would be.

"That's a lot of excitement for a crime." Jack joked, causing a few of the people to laugh. Maeve shrugged. "I guess we are all a little bit bad on the inside."

"I'm getting excited." Henley smiled. "What about you people!" The crowd roared in agreement with more energy than they did before. As Maeve was walking down the stage, she high-fived Henley, who was going the opposite way.

"Alright." Danny walked to the left side of the stage. "Who here has a bank they would like us to rob?" Almost everyone had their hand up, which surprised Maeve. "Wow, that's a lot of vendettas."

"So we'll choose one at random then." Danny added. "My associates will make sure they are random, right?" Maeve walked to the other side of Danny, waiting for the other three to do their sleight of hand to make sure they get the person they chose.

Maeve gave him a brief nod. "We definitely will."

"In Jack's bowl, there are section numbers." Danny told the crowd. "Jack would you please?" Jack walked over to Maeve's side of the stage and held the ball out for her. "M'lady."

The crowd awed at this and Merritt jokingly went along. "Aww how sweet." He then resumed his judgy stare towards Jack. "Remember what I said, kid."

Maeve rolled her eyes before taking the ball out of his hand. "Thank you Jack." She looked at the ball before announcing, "We are looking at...Section B."

"Where is Section B?" Danny asked and the people in Section B stood up in their seats, shouting out for the attention. "Hmm." Maeve looked at Danny with a clever smirk and tapped her chin. "Section B isn't a number."

Danny glared at her and didn't answer as he turned towards Merritt. "Merritt, can I get a row please."

Merritt tossed the ball towards Maeve and she caught it. Danny frowned, which made her laugh and hand him the ball. "Here ya go, buddy."

"You guys are so mean." He mumbled before looking at the ball that was secretly hidden in Merritt's sleeve. "We are looking at...row number 5."

The people in the 5th row cheered loudly as they all waited for Henley to give Danny and Maeve her ball. "Hen!" Maeve called out. "Please give us a random seat." She tossed the ball towards them. Danny picked it up and looked at the ball. "Lucky number 13!"

"B-5-13!" Maeve called out. "Where are you?" The spotlight shined on Etienne Forcier, the man that the horsemen have been following for months to get their trick to work. "Sir, please stand up." Etienne stood in his row with a shocked expression on his face and one of the ushers handed him a microphone.