| 20. right place wrong time

I wrote this extra chapter just for you all. Happy reading!

~Mia

*********

"stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime."

*********

KNOCK KNOCK

New York was drenched in a downpour today and Maeve spent her day watching Netflix on the TV downstairs. Between the sound of the rain and the loud volume of Supernatural, the knocks could've been missed. Luckily, Maeve has really good ears.

Maeve paused the show and turned to look at the front door strangely, seeing as the horsemen were all here getting ready for the last show tomorrow. She got up from the couch and cautiously walked towards the door, thinking that it was an FBI agent.

Maeve slowly wrapped her fingers around the door knob and was about to turn it, when Danny appeared at the top of the stairs screaming.

"Hey Maeve!" He said all-too-loudly. Danny gave an obnoxious wave. Maeve eyed him strangely. "Why are you being so loud!" She raised her voice up at the end, trying to make her point.

"Did you order something?" Maeve turned back to the door, turning the knob halfway. "No!" Danny screamed, scaring the crap out of her. Maeve let go of the door knob and raised her hands up, retreating back a few steps.

He regained his composure, slightly leaning over the railing. "It's just Henley and Merritt. I made them get a few things for the show at 5 Pointz."

"Oh okay. I'll let them in."

Danny started freaking out, looking around for something to distract her. The only thing he saw were the stairs.

Taking a deep breath, Danny took one step down the staircase and pretended to lose his balance. He tumbled down the stairs, Maeve covering her mouth and wincing every time she heard a loud 'clank' noise from him.

"Holy shit!"

Maeve ran over to Danny, who was grumbling and curled over at the foot of the stairs. "Oh my god, Danny. Are you okay?" She frantically looked over his body to see if he had any broken or fractured bones.

Maeve saw bruises slowly forming under Danny's sleeve of his T-Shirt and his side. He waved her off. "I'm fine." As Danny tried to get up, he almost fell down.

Maeve hooked his arm over her shoulder and helped carry him to the couch. She accidentally crashed into one of the tables, making Danny hiss in pain. "Sorry, sorry." She mumbled and hoisted his body weight over her shoulders and finally laid him onto the couch.

"Hold on." Maeve walked over to the kitchen. "Let me get you some ice." Opening the freezer, the only thing she saw were two packs of frozen peas. Ironically, she took both of them out and brought them over to Danny.