| 22. the big reveal

Since you all earned it, here's the ending.
Its been fun. I'll miss you all :-(

~Mia

*********

"in the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take."

*********

THE CAR RIDE TO Central Park was silent.

Everyone was off in their own imagination, trying to figure out who the sixth horsemen was.

It's over.

No more performances.

No more heists.

"Guys," Maeve broke the silence. While Merritt was driving, Henley and Danny were looking at her with all of their attention. "Do you really mean that we're going to stay together? Did you just say that to stop my crying?"

Henley shifted in the front seat to look at her. "Even though we've all become really close, we are going to have to remain off the grid for a while. That may lead to everyone being scattered across the world."

"That doesn't mean that we're leaving you." Danny added. Merritt nodded from the driver seat. "Yeah, just because we're miles away doesn't mean that we're not family."

Maeve nodded and looked out the window.

"I can't believe we're done."

Maeve turned her head and looked over at Danny. She smiled at him. "It was like yesterday when I found you guys at the apartment: Merritt was practically groping Hensley with his eyes and you were getting jealous over it."

"I was not eye-groping her." Merritt argued at the same time that Danny argued, "I was not jealous."

Maeve shrugged and sat back into her seat. "Sure. Whatever."

After a few minutes, the black SUV pulled up to the front of Central Park. Maeve was the first to get out and jogged up to the gate.

Since she didn't have a flashlight, she turned to Henley, "Can I get some light?"

Henley took her flashlight and shined it onto the brass gate, showing a lock and chain. Maeve pulled at it; the lock didn't budge. "It's locked."

"Well no one said anything about picking a lock."

She pulled on the gates, trying to see if they would magically open. Giving up, Maeve leaned her head on the brass bars, letting her hands linger on the gate. She knew someone who could pick a lock.

They were not going to give up now.

"Haven't I ever told you that nothing is ever locked?"

That voice shocked Maeve and she backed away slowly, looking up.

She knew that voice.

There walking towards them was a hooded face that she couldn't see, but was well aware of who it was. His smirk was so familiar as he made his way towards the four horsemen.