| -14. deck the halls

EXTRA CHAPTER!!!!

These are very rare (not really), but I'm super excited for getting the Monarch card decks so why not?
~Mia

*********

"members of a chosen family mourn over the lack of family in their lives and decide to build one of their own out of people they care for and who care for them in return."

*********

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!"

Snow fell down and littered the streets of Manhattan on this cold morning. Everyone went abroad or home to spend the most wonderful time of the year with their families.

Unfortunately for Maeve, the heavy snow closed the airports and she was unable to make it back home to D.C. Henley didn't want to leave her alone so she stayed in New York with her.

Due to the closed airports, basically everyone stayed back in New York. They were all sleeping because it was 6 A.M, or so Maeve thought.

She grabbed one of the pillows and stuffed her head under it. Henley continued banging on the door. "Get up!" She shouted, most likely alarming the entire building. "We have to open presents!"

Eyes still closed, Maeve heard the door open. Henley threw herself onto the bed with the small girl inside of it. Maeve let out an 'oomf', but the pillows around her muffled the sound.

"Go away." Maeve muffled and tried scooting away from the she-devil. Henley grabbed the covers and threw them off of her.

Maeve whined from all of the cold air hitting her skin as Henley reached for the pillow covering her face. Pulling it away, Henley gaped at her appearance.

Maeve's brown hair stuck up due to static and she forgot to take off her make up from the night before. She gave Henley a weird look. "What?"

"You look like shit."

"Well, what a wonderful way to be woken up." Maeve gave her a sarcastic smile. "Merry Christmas." She rolled her eyes and forced herself out of bed, walking to the long mirror beside her dresser.

Maeve only wore fuzzy snowman pajama pants and a tank top. Freezing, she grabbed a sweater from the foot of her bed and slipped it over her head.

Henley left her room as Maeve started rubbing off the makeup from last night with remover. She pulled up her hair into a bun and took one look at her appearance before walking into the hallway.

Maeve heard people talking in the living room. As she walked into the warm room, Merritt advanced towards her with a mug in his hand.

"G'morning rats nest." He handed her the cup of coffee. Maeve glared at him and took a sip, humming lightly because of the taste of peppermint cocoa.

Daniel sat in the arm chair in the far corner of the room while Jack positioned himself on the couch. Henley was probably making cookies or something.

Jack's eyes lit up immediately after he saw Maeve. "Merry Christmas." He smiled. Maeve returned the smile and nodded back to him.