| -18. insomnia

UPDATE Update: I just put in this gif instead bc the other one didnt work . Enjoy!

Update: I made a gif to try and fit with the ending of this chapter. Just to be clear, Maeve can be anyone you want her to be. Nina in the gif is just acting out what I visualized when I wrote this chapter.

Sorry for the late chapter. I just wrote it because I wanted an extra flashback, but I quickly wrote it so I apologize for the strange story plot in advance.

~ Mia

*********

"it doesn't matter who you are or what you look like, so long as somebody loves you."

*********

October 12
12:32 P.M

"HOW'S THE FIREWALL GOING?"

"Fine." Maeve picked up her takeout cup and sipped the Dr. Pepper before getting back to work. The computer they had to use was an old one from the 1990s. "I still don't get why we had to use this."

"Because," Danny spoke up from reading his book. "When we have to run, we can't take anything valuable with us. The FBI will most likely track the Mac to where we'll be hiding."

Maeve let out an irritated grumble and typed out the finishing code lines for the firewall. She suggested getting a Mac earlier or at least a Microsoft Windows, but Danny rejected the idea. After all, he was the second ringleader.

A few weeks after they all met, each one of them got a strange letter stating their role in the group. Danny and Maeve so happened to get the roll of ringleader.

With that being said, they both made the pact of making decisions together. If the other person disagrees, then the answer is a no.

"You know," Maeve said, keeping her eyes locked onto the computer screen. "If I wasn't recruited, I would have been a programming and a music major."

"Double major." Danny pursed his lips and nodded his head. "Interesting."

"And a minor in Computer Graphics and Artificial Intelligence."

Danny closed his book and walked over to Maeve. Pulling a chair to the computer desk, he sat down next to her and watched her work.

"You were a goody two shoes in high school?" Danny smirked from beside her. Maeve rolled her eyes and elbowed him. "I got good grades, that doesn't mean I'm a goody two shoes."

"Oh, please do tell." Danny put his hands behind his head and leaned back in his chair. Maeve rolled her eyes, a smile playing on her lips. "I wouldn't want my good girl image to Merritt get completely ruined now would I?"