| 19. the secret

Another chapter yay!!!!!

The book is almost over, which makes me sad but I already started working on the sequel. Since Now You See Me 2 is coming out soon on DVD, I was thinking of posting the first chapter after the movie comes out.

What do you think? Let me know!
~Mia

*********

"life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in face of certain defeat."

*********

IT WAS SO HARD FOR MAEVE to wake up knowing that Jack wasn't going to be there when she got up in the morning.

She felt tired and empty.

Rubbing her eyes, Maeve shifted her body to the right and stared off into her imagination for a few minutes.

Hearing the commotion outside, Maeve decided to get up. Her feet led her over to the mirror propped on the dresser. Staring into it, she observed her reflection.

Maeve's eyes were read and puffy and her hair was still wet from being in the shower. Her complexion looked pale and her lips barely showed it, but they still had a slight coloring of blue.

Maeve looked down at what she was wearing, which consisted of a black long sleeve with three buttons and her pajama shorts. She contemplated staying in the room for the rest of her life, but she knew that they still had a show to perform.

At the corner of the dresser, the small voodoo doll caught her eye. Picking it up, Maeve remembered the date that Jack took her on when he bought it for her. She remembered it like it was yesterday.

Because it was.

It's strange how someone's life could completely change in less than a seconds.

With the doll in her hand, Maeve slowly walked down the stairs. She ambled into the clearing of the warehouse where everyone else were.

Maeve thought it was strange how there were computers and technological things surrounding the area, but there was one small spot in the middle for a living room.

Henley sat on the couch, scanning a small packet with the horsemen's plans with Merritt beside her reading a book. Danny kneeled in front of the TV, putting something together.

"Hey." Henley looked up from the packet. "How are you feeling?" Getting up, Henley walked over to Maeve and wrapped her arms around the girl's small frame.