| -05. crédit républicain de paris

Here is an extra long chapter for you all! I wanted to cram as much as I could into this one because the last flashback chapter didn't have enough of the background.

Enjoy!!!!!!

*********

"ask yourself if what you're doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow."

*********

July 17
9:36 p.m

THE FIRST THING MAEVE HEARD when she woke up were whispers and the sounds of cameras snapping pictures.

Her eyes were still closed, but Maeve could tell that the quiet voices belonged to the other horsemen. With all her strength, she pried her eyes open from the sleepy state that she was currently in.

Maeve squinted her eyes from the light, but they quickly adjusted. The airplane looked empty; the passengers already left the plane.

When her eyes trailed up to the three looking down at her, Henley was smirking with her phone in hand and Merritt was there making kissy faces. Maeve tried sitting up to stretch, but a pair of arms were tightly wrapped around her.

Looking right, Maeve saw Jack's head leaning softly against her. His eyes were closed and soft snores were leaving his slightly parted lips.

Trying to leave only made Jack tighten his arms around Maeve even more. He leaned in and nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck, still sleeping.

"Awww." Merritt cooed. "How cute."

Daniel stood to the side with his arms crossed, tapping his foot impatiently. "Can we go now?"

Maeve gently shook Jack, voice soft. "Time to get up." When he didn't answer, Maeve moved on to a more extreme option.

"Jack!"

His head shot up, hitting Maeve's in the process. Maeve's hand flew up to her forehead. "Ow!" Her face scrunched up in pain, rubbing the tender spot.

Jack's eyes were still a bit droopy and his hair was sticking in all different directions. Looking around him, he caught sight of Maeve holding her head. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry." Jack took Maeve's hand away to examine her head. "Are you alright?"

Merritt let out a chortle. "Babying her already? I didn't know you two were at that stage yet."

Maeve grumbled and pushed Jack's hand away. "Let's go."

"Finally!"

Moving out into the walkway, Merritt handed Maeve her carry on and she walked out of the plane. Daniel rushed out behind her, dying to get to the nice hotel room that they could afford with their benefactor's, Arthur Tressler's, money.

Jack got out and looked around confused. "What happened?" Henley patted his back and Merritt handed him his duffel.

"We'll tell you everything in the cab."