| 08. agent dylan rhodes

"first rule of magic: always be the smartest person in the room."

**********

AFTER CELEBRATING FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS, the horsemen made it back to their room in Aria.

All of their stuff were already packed, so they were just lounging around waiting for the FBI to come arrest them. Henley called it their 'personal FBI escort.'

Merritt was laying on the couch with a book in his hand: The Savage Detectives by Roberto Bolaño. Danny was by the window watching the view while shuffling his deck of cards. Jack was lazily chilling on one the love seats and Henley was upstairs finishing packing her things.

Maeve sleepily walked down the stairs. She just woke up and put on ripped skinny jeans and a white flowy tank top with her famous leather jacket slung over her shoulder. Jack got up and handed her a cup of coffee with a bright smile on his face.

Maeve looked down at the coffee and up at Jack. "What's this?" "You're usual." He shrugged and plopped back down onto the love seat. She couldn't stop the smile that made its way onto her face. Taking a sip, she sighed at the taste inside of her mouth: a slight roasted coffee with cream and two packs of sugar. "Thank you, Jack."

"Anything for you, babe."

Maeve slightly blushed at the nickname, but she liked it. Taking the coffee, she finished it within 5 minutes. Once she was done, Maeve tossed it into the metal can on the other side of the room.

"Remind me to never get drunk at 2 am again." She walked over to one of the see-through walls as Merritt mumbled. "If I do, you won't listen to me." Maeve rolled her eyes and awed at how beautiful the scenery was. She closed her eyes, feeling the warm touch of sun on her skin.

"You think being the FBI that they would be here by now." Danny looked down and kept flipping his cards around like he's been doing it for years. Maeve scoffed. "When this is all over, we'll have outsmarted them already."

Jack got up a second time and walked over to Maeve before wrapping his arms around her waist. He pressed a kiss on the back of her head. "How'd you sleep?"

"I feel like shit."

"I can help with that." Jack started peppering kisses down Maeve's neck, causing her to erupt in fits of giggles. "Stop." She laughed, which caused him to continue and then start tickling her sides. Jack started to laugh as well.

Maeve squealed as Jack picked her up bridal style and carried her over to the love seat he was once on. He dropped her on there and started attacking her sides, his fingers dancing on her skin. Laughter came from both of them as Maeve was squirming underneath him.

From all of the giggles and laughter, they didn't notice the door being kicked open. Agents spilled into the room, guns locked and loaded as they ordered the horsemen to put their hands up.

"Uno minuto." Merritt put his finger up as he was trying to finish the chapter that he was on. Jack stood up from his place on top of Maeve and grabbed her hand, helping her up as well. She tied her leather jacket around her waist and lazily raised her hands in the air. "Took you long enough."