| -09. the new apartment

I'm throwing a bomb on you with this Chapter.

Hope you can handle it.
~Mia

*********

"while you're watching the magician, that lovely assistant is actually pulling the strings."

*********

September 7
6:50

BEEP BEEP

Maeve groaned, reaching her hand out to slap the snooze button on her alarm. Her hair was sticking in all different directions and she had her face nuzzled inside the pillow.

Maeve heard her phone ringing from the nightstand and grabbed it.

Caller ID:
Daniel Atlas

She pressed ignore before tossing it back onto the night stand and nuzzling into the comfort of her bed sheets. A few seconds later, the phone rang again.

Maeve grabbed it and looked at who was calling.

Caller ID:
Daniel Atlas

For the second time, she pressed ignore and placed it back onto the nightstand. Maeve yawned and shut her eyes, feeling herself drift back off to sleep.

She became fed up when it rang for the third time. Grabbing the phone, she pressed answer and held it up to her ear.

"Fuck off, Atlas!"

Maeve pressed the end button and turned off her phone, throwing it all the way across the room. She cuddled into the duvet once more, closing her eyes and exhaling slowly.

Maeve jolted awake when someone knocked on her apartment door. She internally screamed while forcing herself up, wrapping the duvet around her body. Maeve sluggishly headed for the door.

She threw it open, revealing an annoyed Daniel Atlas. He was wearing his usual pullover sweater with the collared shirt underneath and jeans. Daniel added a black trench coat since it was around 45 degrees in New York.

Maeve took one look at him as he began to speak.

"Why didn't you answer-"

She slammed the door in his face, cutting Daniel's sentence off, and walked away. Maeve knew that he will be angry ranting any moment now. He had a key to her apartment; all of the horsemen did.

She heard the door being unlocked and pushed open while she walked back to her room. A slam followed and Daniel walked into Maeve's room just as she jumped back onto her mattress.