Kissing Is The Easy Part

Author : rainbowbrook

Status : Completed

Category : Teen Fiction

Summary :

Flora is afraid being beautiful is her only talent

Flora is afraid being beautiful is her only talent. Some of the words she hates include economy class, second-hand clothes, and budget. She likes fashion, dating, not being on time and getting what she wants - until she meets Sean, who is like the clock striking midnight; he makes all her magic power wear off.He is as mature and sophisticated as the dark roasted coffee he drinks, while she is like a lollipop: colorful, dazzling on the outside but empty calories and artificial sweeteners on the inside.The attraction is instant, but getting a kiss is only the first step.

Review :

This is the first book I've read that actually deals with the real problems a high school relationship faces. The main characters don't have that much of a clichéd past and they start off like how any couple in the real world would. The only reason I love this book so much is because it gives you reality. (Notice how I've said real thrice by now.) This is something that can happen to each and every one of us and it's really nice to read a book where the main couple isn't always happy with each other. Flora and Sean fight regularly yet love each other just as much, they err and they forgive, and that's why I think this is an amazing book. They make stupid mistakes, and that keeps the book honest. This ain't no fantasy. This shit is real. (Fourth time).

Read it.

The ending is extremely vague though, and is up to the reader to interpret it the way they want to.

Rating : 10/10