Broken Wings

Author : DaniOgier

Status : Completed

Category : Fantasy (Vampire)

Summary :

When Violet is kicked out of her home by her abusive father, she was relieved although worried about where she would stay

When Violet is kicked out of her home by her abusive father, she was relieved although worried about where she would stay. As it turns out, she didn't have to worry about that for very long. She is kidnapped, taken away from everything she has ever known only to be thrown into a world of vampires, creatures she only believed existed in her books. She is only sure of one thing; life will never be the same again.

Review :

It starts off good. And would've ended well too if it had continued in the same manner, but it didn't so it ended pretty badly.

The 30th chapter is extremely rushed. From her killing Adam to Leah killing her sister, its ridiculously fast paced. The last few chapters just blur into something extremely confusing.

The epilogue is just nonsense, with him randomly declaring his so called affection for her and her accepting. I kind of found the romance aspect of this book hard to accept, because no matter how good the captor looks, the kidnapped person just can't fall in love with someone who cuts people's fingers for fun, and that too in front of the kidnapped person. That's just sick.

I felt sad that Rose stopped talking to Violet completely, but it kind of was a sensible thing to do from Rose's perspective.

Overall, it's well written but not exactly worth reading.

Also, I like werewolves much more than vampires. :P

Rating : 6/10