Chapter 27

Ok guys, I'm updating early for a REASON.  I have recently discovered the Marvel Fanfiction Awards on the official Marvel fanpage, marvelfanficawards, and I would like to nominate some of you guys for awards! (obviously some because there are too many of you and only five categories, lol) So I need a good way to decide.  Whoever is the first to vote will get nominated and I'll let you if I nominate you.  Good luck to you all and without further ado, le chapitre:

Arista's POV

When we arrived back on my property, I got a feeling of dread in my heart. They had seen us. The ball was in their court as to what to do. I couldn't abandon my mission here and no way was I sending Loki back tomorrow morning. Or perhaps I should, it would certainly confuse them and get them off my scent. Yes, he would go back in the morning and take Susie with him. One less thing to worry about. The only catch was: I was going to have to deliver their gifts before Loki left in the morning. That way, they would think that I had left and would quit looking for me. I debated whether or not to leave a note to calm their minds but that was only going to raise more questions when I finally met them face to face again. Wait, who said I ever had to see them again? Woah, what was I thinking?! Jane had done too much for me for me to just up and leave with no explanation. If anyone deserved one, it was her.

"What are you thinking, Arista?"

"You haven't gone in to see?"

"That would be a violation of your privacy."

"If I didn't want you to intrude, I would have my barrier up." We began to walk towards the barn where I untacked Susie and put her to bed before going into my house.

"That's strange." I murmured to myself, "I could've sworn I locked it."

"Is there an intruder?"

"I don't think so, I can't sense anyone in the area. Jane has a key, she might've come looking for me."

"Is this her handwriting?" Loki handed me a note that had been resting on my counter.

Arista,

I don't know where you have gone but I know you lied to your employers about it. I don't know what has happened to make you take off like this but I want you to know that you can tell me. Please. Tell me where you are. I promise to keep any secrets you tell me. I don't care whether or not you want to be found, I won't give up until I know you're safe.

Your friend,

Jane Foster

"Yes, it's from her."

"You should leave that note with those gifts."

"Yes, I think I will. I'm going to try and catch an hour of sleep, wake me up when this little hand is pointing at the three and the long one if at the twelve." I explained clockwork to him.

"Very strange."

"Feel free to look around and get something to eat from the fridge. Use the microwave if you want as well, just don't make a ruckus. I'll be upstairs wrapping the gifts. Don't forget to wake me up."

"I will not. I think I will come up with you, if you are not opposed to that."

"I'm not." I showed him up the stairs to my little room. It was the only room upstairs apart from my adjoining bathroom. I separated their gifts on my bed and went about looking for wrapping paper.

It did not take me long to wrap the gifts. The hard part was writing the letter. I decided to write it instead of type it so Jane would recognize my handwriting.