Chapter 33

Pictures should be up within the next 20 minutes or so and they're not mine

Unlike the last time we went riding together, we took a different path.  Loki kept Apollo's pace at a walk so that I could marvel at the night sky.  I was so engrossed with it that I was startled when Loki brought Apollo to a halt.

"You've probably been here before, but....I want to show you something." I turned my attention back to where we were.

"The Shimmering Shores." Loki helped me down and my dress returned to normal.

" Loki helped me down and my dress returned to normal

"Come on." We began walking forward but the sand was too unstable for my high heels and I stumbled.

"Are you well?"

"Hang on." I slipped the straps over my ankles and shook them off, "Now I'm ready to go."

Loki allowed me to lead us as we walked hand in hand down the beach with Apollo following at a distance.  I shortened my dress and directed us into the waves so the cold water would soothe my sore feet.  Everything was quiet, all I could hear were the soft waves, our footsteps, and Apollo's plodding strides.

"Loki, where are we going?" The beach went all around Asgard.

"Somewhere special." Loki maneuvered himself behind me and placed his hands gently over my eyes. "Do you trust me?" I could feel breath on my neck.

"Of course."

"Then no peeking." Loki pressed his front against my back and guided me out of the waves.  I had not allowed myself to be blindfolded since we did eighth grade trust activities!  Even then, I had cheated by using my superior senses of my surroundings to find my way without need of a guide but now...I was completely in Loki's hands.  Slightly unnerved by my lack of control, I grabbed Loki's forearms for a sense of security.

"Relax, dove.  I've got you." He proceeded to lead me off the beach and into some soft grass and I squealed in slight displeasure at the texture change.

"Where are you taking me?"

"You shall soon see."  I stepped on something sharp.

"Ow!"

"Forgive me, dove.  The fact that you are not wearing shoes slipped my mind.  Here." I felt the tip of his boot nudge my heel.  I lifted it, unsure of what he was planning.

"Now put it down." I did so, only to find his boot directly beneath it.  I made to place my foot elsewhere but he stopped me.

"I'll hurt you.  I'm heavier than I look."

"But not too heavy for me.  You will not bring me harm.  My boots have steel in the toes." I placed my foot on top of his hesitantly, putting most of my weight on my right foot while I got used to the new surface.

"I won't let you fall.  Trust me." He nudged my other foot off the ground and I increased my grip on his arms.

"Loki–"