chapter 30

The weekend seamed to fly by. I spent most of it in my room on the Internet.  I decided to look for a car as well and had a viewing on one Wednesday evening after school. I had also heard back from a few jobs all rejection letters unfortunately.

I knew today was going to be scary I almost didn't get up. I stopped at the side of the school mentally preparing myself for what was about to happen. I walked round the corner and saw people everywhere no one said anything or pointed or even looked at me. It was as if I was as invisible as ever. I was sure she would have told them all by now about me being pregnant but no one seamed to know. Maybe she only told one person and it hadn't got round yet or she could be keeping it quiet so that she can use it against me.

I went to first class and didn't see Cassey at all. I went to my seat and Jason came and sat next to me. "Hi" I said.

He grunted a response.

"It went fine Friday by the way" I whispered.

He didn't listen he leaned over to talk to someone at the next table. As he wasn't looking I slipped a picture of the scan into the little pocket in his bag and went back to my books. I waited all class for him to go in that pocket  but he never did. I resigned myself to the fact he just didn't want to know, so I would stop trying.

Wednesday after school I went down to the car dealership and looked at my potential new car. It was used yes but still in good condition. A nice little red thing. I got a good deal too as I paid cash. I stood and sorted out my insurance right there on the phone and as it had tax and mot I could drive it home now. As I didnt have to get it delivered that got me another discount, I do love a bargain.

It would just happen that as I drove up to the house my mother was leaving. I got out of the car and saw her face, if looks could kill.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT. WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO GET A CAR AND ONCE MORE WHERE DID YOU GET THE MONEY FOR IT?" she shouted at me.

"Why of course my savings mum you should know you helped pad it out with that trust fund you did for me. Thanks for that it's guna make it so much easier now" I said. I was getting smart with her which only made her more angry.

"TAKE IT BACK RIGHT NOW I WON'T LET YOU HAVE ONE. AND THAT MONEY YOU WILL  BE GIVING IT ALL BACK TO ME TOO. IT'S NOT YOURS ANYMORE".

"I don't think you can actually do that mum. You signed the paperwork when you set it up, it was in my name, plus the trust fund has been closed now I emptied it" I said and walked in the house. I had gotten so used to her not talking to me that when she did now it was an argument and I was starting to fight back. Go me.

I heard her get in her car and drive off. My dad was still at home in the kitchen making a sandwich. I walked in to grab something for myself. "I got a car today dad. Little red one out front. I'm guessing you heard mums disapproval. Just wanted to say a proper thank you for the trust fund, it really will give me a good start in life". I didn't stop to let him say anything, I walked out into the hall. I heard him laugh though. My dad was the easier one to talk to as it was one sided by me. I got my list out and ticked off get a car. It was the only thing I had ticked off so far but I was working in it. On my bedroom desk there was a note in my dad's hand writing saying. "You had a call off Donna and her number underneath. I didn't know any Donna, I picked up my phone and gave her a call.

"Hi is this Donna?" I asked.

"Yes, who may I ask is calling?" She said very politely.

"Uhh issy, issy Mathews. You called me today".

"Ah yes miss Mathews, I wanted you to come down to our offices here at the council and speak to me about your situation and see if we can help find you appropriate accommodation".

"Really, that would be great. When do you need to see me?" I asked.

"Tomorrow please 1pm".

"Okay thanks I will see you tomorrow".

I put down the phone and almost danced for joy first a car and now some help finding my own place. I would bunk off school completely tomorrow just call in sick.