Chapter 2

I don't remember much of what happened in the car that night all I remember is lights. I have been told again and again what actually happened but I didn't want to believe it.

I had drifted off at the wheel on the main road and I had veered off to the other side of the road into oncoming traffic, that's where the lights came from. Jason tried to correct the steering and we missed two oncoming cars, then the third we clipped only a little but it put us in to a spin and we hit another car then flipped and to put the cherry on top of the accident a lorry came right at us. The driver tried to brake and turn so he Wouldn't hit us but the back of his lorry swung out behind him and trapped us under the container taking most of the roof off.

Apparently me and Jason where saved because I was slumped over and as Jason was reaching across to the wheel he was at a lower hight aswell but Alison was sat up right and as the lorry took off the roof she got the full force of the blow to her head. They said she may have died before the lorry hit but it was likely she died of its impact and that it would have been instant and pain free. That didn't comfort me in anyway.

It took them a couple of hours to free us from the wreck. Jason remembers the whole thing how he was squished down and his head was virtually on my lap, he could only move his finger and arms a few inches. He tried to call out for my sister but he never got a response. He said he found my hand and held on to me and told me it was going to be okay they where going to get us out. I was crying and whimpering, I don't remember doing so, Jason tried to calm me.

He was second to get out of the car, when they pulled him out on a board with neck braces and a splint on his left arm and leg, he saw the whole wreck. The car had been squished into a mass of metal half the size it originally was. There was no roof and the doors to the back and passenger side had been removed by giant cutters. He later told me that's when he saw her, Alison had been taken out first as she was closest to get to and had to get her out to get to us, she was laid out on a stretcher with a sheet covering most of her body. One arm hung loosely at her side and her face was visible but it was covered in blood and her eyes where wide open.

They retrieved me from the wreck last and we were taken to the hospital which was thankfully not far away. I was rushed into surgery as was Jason. He had to have metal rods but in his left leg in both his thigh and shin, it was broke in 3 places, the doctor said he was lucky not to have not punctured the main artery in his leg and that his knee, ankle and hip joints has suffered no injury. He also had metal in his arm a blare and some pins. There was worry of internal bleeding but with scans showed no further injury he was very lucky and only had a mild concussion and whip lash along with his arm and leg.

Me on the other hand I had ruptured my sleep, broke 3 ribs one of which punctured my lung, I had internal bleeding from that and the spleen. I had broken my right ankle and my left arm near my elbow joint. I did not need any surgery on those just casts. When I was in the operating theatre they also found that I had damage to my uterus and they had to remove one of my ovaries and Fallopian tube. I had 3 operations in 1 weeks as there was further internal bleeding and complications. I had a significant fracture of my skull and some minor bleeding on the brain. They kept me in an induced coma for nearly 2 weeks to let the swelling go down and for my body to heal by its self.

The first thing I remember is pain but I couldn't find my voice to scream out for help my eyes wouldn't open but I could hear. I heard my mother and father across the room talking.

"How can we tell her it was her fault, she won't cope with it she's not strong enough. we can't tell her u till she is ready" my mother said.

"She will find out sooner than later everyone knows what she did, everyone knows it was her fault they crashed and they all know she killed her sister." my father responded.

I found my voice then and screamed I screamed until I couldn't breath and hands came and held me down I still couldn't see who it was but I felt maybe 3 pairs of hand then it all went blank and I couldn't move, I couldn't speak and I drifted off into nothing again.