chapter 23

"Jason stop crying please, I'm okay. you haven't done anything to me. what are you talking about, where was I bleeding."

He looked at me for a second then wiped his eyes and said "they think you may have lost it you might be having a miscarriage"

"A WHAT?" I shouted.

"A miscarriage. they said you might be loosing the baby." He said

"What baby, I'm not having a baby. I've never been pregnant and I've only had sex once. I can't be I would know if I was. there has got to be a mistake. where is the doctor." I try to get up out of bed but my stomach cramps up a bit and Jason stops me making me swing my feet back onto the bed.

"You didn't know?" He asks.

"Know what?"

"Em when they got you here they asked if you could be pregnant I didn't know, I didn't think you could be but I had to say I don't know. So they did a test as that's where the blood was coming from, they had to rule it out. And they wanted to do a CT scan and they said if you WERE pregnant it could harm the baby. So I told them to test you just incase and it came back positive. YOUR PREGNANT."

"I... I can't be.... How.... " I looked at him as tears stung my eyes.

"It's mine isn't it?" He asked

"I... your the only person I have ever been with, so if it's true then yeah it's yours. what about the bleeding you said that I might be having a miscarriage how do they know."

"I will find a doctor or is it a midwife on this ward. I will be back in a few" and he ran off out the room. I looked down at my stomach and thought back two months to that night, have I had a period since then. No I can't remember, but then there has been no sickness or tiredness I've been fine. they must have got it wrong.

I looked at the two other women in the room and realised that both of then where pregnant too and Jason said something about midwifes. Was I on the maternity ward? If I was then it must be true I am pregnant.