Chapter #16: Joyful Life

The sun shined into my eyes made them squinted. I was woken up by the damn sun. At least I didn't hear the annoying beeps of my alarm clock this time. It's a trip so I don't need to put any alarm that means I have no responsibility.

I glanced at the clock beside me and it's eight in the morning. I quickly got out of bed and stretched. I would go back to sleep but I can't waste any time now. I could be traveling and having fun so every seconds counts.

I did all the boring routine and decided to do my make up differently than the normal days since I'm on a trip.

I went downstairs to cook some breakfast. I noticed that no one has woken up yet except me and Tyler.

"Morning" I said while climbing down the stairs.

"Morning Tiff" Tyler replied while drinking his coffee. Ughh the smell is already boosting my energy. I need some of that right now.

I grabbed a pan and made some omelette. That's my go to breakfast. I don't like to eat cereal with milk at all. I only eat cereal as a snack like chips. I know that sounds really weird and stupid so deal with it.

After I finish cooking, I flipped the omelette and put it on a plate. I sat next to Tyler and ate my breakfast while scrolling through Twitter and Instagram.

"Wow you're so kind" Tyler took a sip of his coffee.

"You're twenty five. Cook your own food" I replied while chewing my food. I think I just spit some out.

Tyler didn't say anything but chuckling silently while sipping his cup of coffee. Talking about coffee, I didn't make one.

I rushed toward the coffee machine and made my own one. Once it's done, I poured it into my adorable panda mug. It helped increase the taste.

I sat next to Tyler again and drank my coffee happily. The silence reminded me of mom and dad. They're still asleep? I didn't want to go check so I asked Tyler.

"Where's mom and dad?" I asked.

"Oh they're at work. I forgot to tell you" he replied with a straight face.

Awww man! I thought they had two days off. Well, I guess we have to stay home today. More importantly, this is our last day. Tomorrow we have to leave so I can fly to England the day after tomorrow. It's really complicated but you know what I mean.

I sat there pouting with disappointment in my eyes. I thought we had more times to spend together. Besides, I can't really do anything to change that or blame anyone because they're busy people.

Alright Tiffany it's okay. You'll come back next month and spend longer time with them. It will be the best trip ever. I tried to cheer myself up until Tyler noticed my sad face.

"You're crying?" He bursted out laughing at my face.

"You're so childish" I glared at him and looked away.

Tyler kept laughing at me, it's pathetic. It's not even funny what the fuck Tyler? Can you please not tease me all the goddamn time?

"I'm going to bed" I said in an angry tone and stomped upstairs with my coffee. I'm not that dumb to throw it away.

"Calm your tits down we're going to Toronto Zoo" he still chuckling.

I stopped and turned around slowly. Did he just said zoo? OH MY GOD I FUCKING LOVE ANIMALS. I freaked out because I've never been to any zoo in Canada before so I'm sure this is going to be an awesome journey. But what if he lied just to freak me out and laugh at my face again?