Chapter #29: Substitute Teacher

I woke up the next morning by the chirping sounds of birds. I rubbed my eyes slowly and weakly got out of bed. As I was making my way to the bathroom, I stubbed my toes and cursed loudly, blowing on it to make the pain go away even though that's not how science work, I did it anyway. I got up and entered the bathroom, splashing my face with water and noticed a shiny infinite heart shaped ring on my ring finger. A sudden flashback flashed through my mind.

"That's right....the promise ring" I smiled and rested my hand on my chest. I said yes and we kissed...passionately in front of the crowd. My smile grew wider and I bit my lips as I continued to wash my face.

I'm so pump and happy today. I can't wait to go to class. I threw on my workout clothes and dashed out the door. I still didn't tell Tyler about any of this. Last night was magical. I can't believe this is happening. It's too much to process but I did! I finally have a boyfriend.

I got to Utopia and parked my car inside the stuffed parking lot. I ran inside and approached the counter with a wide smile on my face. I'm not even tired running this fast.

"You look really happy today" One of the worker smiled back at me and handed me my locker key.

"Really? I don't know why either" I giggled and waved goodbye as I ran upstairs to my Yoga class.

As I got to the door, I stood there for a minute, readjusted my clothes and tried to hide my happiness because I don't want to attract attentions or answer any questions. I took a deep breath and opened the door. Everyone turned to look at me as usual. But there's one thing that is NOT usual at all.

"Dan--I mean Mr. Hart?" My eyes were wide opened as I saw Daniel sitting on the edge of the teacher's desk. He smirked as soon as he saw me and stood up on his feet with both hands shoved inside his pockets.

"Why so surprise Ms. Harrington" Daniel smirked grew wider. "Get ready for class, Mrs. Harrison is absent. I'll be your teacher for the day" he glanced at me and sat down in the exact position. Everyone was screaming and cheering. Excuse me, your girlfriend is right here. You can't just make other girls get excited because of you.

I walked over to my locker and put all my stuff in there. I took my blue mat out of the locker, sighed, slowly walked back to my spot and rolled my mat onto the floor. At this point, I don't know if I'm happy to let him teach me because my instinct told me that he won't be such a good teacher and by that I meant he's going to tease me and embarrass me in front of everyone like he always do. He never think about my feelings. He always do what he want to do. How is he going to teach us anyway? He knows Yoga or something?

"This is the luckiest day of my life" one of the girl next to me won't shut up about Daniel. "He's so hot, right?" She looked at me, expected me to agree with her.

"Of course....haha" I tried to blend in because I don't want them to suspect anything between us. Maybe Daniel doesn't want this relationship to go public.

Just as what I expected, Daniel doesn't know Yoga. He just showed a bunch of pictures on a slide of Yoga poses to us and asked us to follow them. Sometimes, no one was even paying attention to the slide. Everyone kept admiring his looks nonstop. It's getting annoying. At least, Daniel didn't annoy me with one of his tricks like he always does. So far so good.

I was having a hard time doing the poses because there was no instructor's help until Daniel noticed me. Oh no he's coming. I pretended to look fine. Go away I'm clearly not struggling at all.

Apparently, he can see through my lies. He had the same smirk on his face and placed his hands on my waists, trying to shape me like I'm some kind of clay or play doh. He moved his hands up to my arms and tried to correct me by looking at the picture. After he finished, he moved his hands down to my hips and leaned closer to my right ear.