Chapter #34: Complex

"All done!" The young hairstylist said in a cheerful voice. I moved closer to the mirror and stared into my own reflection, appreciating the beautiful masterpiece. I smiled softly into the mirror and thanked her quietly before getting up. I left the room with a bunch of other girls and walked over to the stage. I sat down and watched others training themselves before the actual lesson start. I can tell that they are incredible models by the way they walk.

"Attention ladies!" Said a female voice through the microphone. Everyone stopped for a second and quickly hurried off the stage. I stood up and turned around. She was the winner from last year! The girls stood beside me and we all bowed to our new teacher. She returned it back and smiled at us charmingly.

"Hello everyone! I shall introduce myself before starting our lesson. My name is Candice Adderson, last year's champion of Utopia. Nice to meet you all, I hope we get along" She smiled once again and asked us to introduce ourselves one by one.

"I'm Tiffany Harrington, from Los Angeles" I said confidently. She nodded and asked the girl next to me to continue.

After we introduced ourselves, she raised her mic up and gestured us to sit down on the chairs below the stage. We did what she told. She's able to remember all our name? I nodded slowly and rested my hands on my laps, listening to her speech.

"I'm not going bribe about my past experience or anything but I'll tell you the main key of becoming a successful model. Modeling is not all about walking on stage without making any mistake. It's about your confidence and soul too. No matter how good your posture or your modeling technique is, if you don't put your heart and pour your emotion into it, you won't be successful. We, the audiences, the judges can see the differences between a forced modeling and a passionate modeling so be careful, you won't make it to the end" Candice paused and put her mic down. She stared at us for a while then began to speak into the mic again.

"I don't come here to teach you how to model. I came here to teach you how to put your emotion into it. We all have different styles of modeling, I'm sure you've practice before coming here too so practice more and more until you found your own one. It could be anything. DON'T EVER force yourself to focus on something you're not interested in. You'll be able to find it in you in no time" She smiled softly.

"Now, I want all of you to practice anywhere. The stage isn't necessary.....not yet" She chuckled and put her microphone down.

Everyone clapped their hands and started practicing their modeling skill. Some of them were all over the stage, arguing who go first, some were on the floor, and some were in the changing room. Candice inspected everyone carefully. So far, she hasn't insulted anyone yet. I also practiced on the floor because there were plenty of space. I also didn't to get involved in that lame argument.

My modeling style huh? I asked myself and wandered off into the past memories back when I was in high school.

*flashback*

"Hey! Tiffany! Over here!" Macy waved at me and gestured me to come to her. I smiled and did as she told. As soon as I walked over to her, two other girls snuck behind me and threw their arms over my shoulders making me jumped in surprise. I turned around and it was Gina and Kelly. I hit their shoulders lightly as they were laughing at my shocked expression.

Macy, Gina and Kelly were my models besties, at least that's what we called each other after we discovered our common interest. I know it's a stupid term but who cares, we got separated years ago. We went to the same high school in Freshmen and sophomore years. We shared the same goal and interest. I don't need to tell you because obviously it's modeling. It's very rare at that time for high schoolers to aim for such goal because they think being models are underrated. I didn't care at that time. Modeling is in my genes.