Chapter #43: When Reality Hit You

"Mrs. Harringtons, it's an honor to meet you on this special occasion. May I introduce myself? I'm Daniel Hart and I'm here to take your daughter" Daniel bowed and smiled widely.

"Oh dear! I would do anything for a charming man like you. My daughter is all yours" My mom pushed me into Daniel's arms, he held me tightly.

"But mom! I'm not ready!" I tried to break free but it's almost impossible.

"DEAL WITH IT"

"AHHHHHHHH" My eyes shot opened in the middle of the night. I stared at the ceiling trying to recall my dream or could I say, a nightmare. I got up and turned on the lamp on my left side. I walked to the other side of the room and pinned my ear to the wall. I didn't hear any sound from Tyler's room so hopefully I didn't shout too loud and woke him up.

I made my way to my bed and covered myself up in a blanket. I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep again. This can't be happening, Daniel can't go to Canada with me. He was probably joking. We could do so much more? What does that even mean. I tossed and turned all night but somehow I fell asleep for a short period of times. Before I knew it, the sun rise and shined into my room. I forced myself to get up because I didn't want to miss my flight.

I went downstairs to get some breakfast and saw Tyler baking something in the oven.
"Are we having cookies for breakfast?" I took a gallon of orange juice from the fridge.

"I'm making this for mom and dad" he chuckled and took them out of the oven.

"You're not gonna make extra? I'm hungry" I sat down and poured the orange juice into a tall glass. He rolled his eyes and put them in a nice package.

"Just eat cereal. I haven't had breakfast either" he took his favorite cereal from the cabinet and poured it into a small bowl.

"I'm tired! That thing won't give me any energy. I feel like an old robot and my battery gonna die soon" I whined and collapsed on the table.

"You're so dramatic, stop being annoying" he took a gallon of milk from the fridge and poured it into his bowl of cereal. I got up and hissed at him.

"Anyway, were you having a nightmare last night? I heard you screamed like you're being trapped" he sat down in from of me and ate his cereal.

"You heard it? Damn I thought you didn't because I didn't here you yelling back" I laughed nervously.

"Don't avoid my question" he acted serious. Wow what a great actor, he deserves an oscar.

"Yes so what?" I hissed.

"It sounded bad, what was it about?" He acted interested.

"Aish! It's nothing eat up!" I clicked my tongue and shooed him away. He just looked at me for a split second and shook his head.

"So, is Daniel coming to Canada with us?" He asked while chewing on his cereal. I spit my orange juice all over the marble table as well as Tyler's bowl. He closed his eyes while all of this is happening and pressed his lips together.

"You clean this up" he pushed his cereal bowl forward.

"Ahh! Why did you suddenly ask me about this!? It caught me off guard you know!?" I wiped my lips with my wrist.

"And what's so shocking about that question? You act like I just asked you if Daniel got you pregnant-" I threw a punch at his shoulder to shut him up.

"Don't be extra, no he won't go" I crossed my arms.

"Really? Dana told me he wanted to go though" he furrowed.