Chapter #24: Heartbreaker

Daniel's POV

(Tiffany doesn't want to see me anymore. Maybe she found someone else. Could that man be David? If avoiding me makes her happy then...I can fulfill her dream)

I sat on the couch, crossing my legs while watching TV. If you wondered, yes, I didn't attend my own party because I want Tiffany to have fun. Yesterday, she seemed pale, scared and annoyed when she was with me or saw me so I decided not to go. I don't want her to feel like hell or trapped.

Tiffany's POV

"ANOTHER ONE!" I shouted at the bartender to pour me some more drinks. This is fun but I felt like something is missing. There's a missing piece of puzzle in my heart and I need to find that piece right now.

"Guys have you seen a piece of puzzle?" I looks at Amanda and David.

"What? Tiff, you're drunk" Amanda put her hands on my shoulders and shook me a few times.

"Hey hey! It's okay as long as she's having fun. Let her be" David laughed and told Amanda.

"Alright....but don't go too far" Amanda looked at me with a concerned face. I nodded and chucked my drink.

"I'm going to the bathroom, okay? Stay here guys" I lifted my dress up a bit and got up from the tall chair.

(I'm sorry Amanda and David. I'm going to find my last piece. Please don't follow me or stop me. Without that one piece there won't be a happy ending)

I made my way to the exit door at the back of the hall. It was quite dark but I somehow managed to get out safely. I need to be careful or else I'll get caught. Don't worry. I'll find you and put you back into where you belonged.

"What took her so long..." Amanda talked to herself with a concerned face.

"Maybe she's lost"

"Or fell asleep on the toilet"

"What? No way!" David laughed.

"Hey! How can you laugh!? Tiffany is missing!" Amanda hissed at David.

"Let's go find her then" He looks at Amanda with a serious face and nodded at each other.

David's POV

20 minutes of searching, still can't find Tiffany. This place is huge! We can't find her like this! We need help!

I took my cellphone out and started dialing Daniel's number. Please pick up! I really need your help this time!

After several beeps, Daniel finally picked up. He didn't say anything into the phone, not even a hello but there's no time to be let down, I have to tell him now.

"Daniel? This is David! T---!"

"What do you want?" Daniel cut me off and replied with an annoyed voice.

"Listen to me goddammit! Tiffany went missing! We've been searching for her for about 20 minutes now and there's still no sight of her. I thought you're the host of the party! Why didn't you---hello!? DANIEL!" I looked at my phone screen and squeezed it in my hand as hard as I can to release the anger. He hung up on me! Does he even believe me?

I told Amanda about what just happened and she completely ignored me. She said we don't need his help. He didn't even come to his own party why would he come to search for some drunk girl. But I don't think Tiffany is just some drunk girl to Daniel. They totally had a connection.

I ran to the main door and waited for Daniel there. I'm sure he will come. That's probably the reason why he hang up so fast. I stood there rubbing my hands together hoping that I was right. 10 minutes later, a black Range Rover pulled up right in front of me. It was Daniel getting out of the car and ran to me.

"SHE INVITED YOU!? AND YOU CAN'T TAKE GOOD CARE OF HER!?" Daniel panted and hissed at me with anger. He must be so worried.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU COME!? She clearly needs you....not me" I looked at him with disgusts.

He looked down and thought for awhile. Once he finally calmed down, I told him about what happened before she went missing and we started searching together.

"Wait, so you've been searching alone?" Daniel asked.

"No, I was searching with Amanda, Tiffany's roommate. Speaking of Amanda...where is sh......"

"Tiffany! What were you thinking!?" We heard a woman shouting from the parking lot.

"That voice...." Daniel mumbled.

"Amanda!" I followed the noise and dashed to the parking lot, so did Daniel.

Once I got there, all I see was Tiffany puking all over the place, asking for her last piece of puzzle. Meanwhile, Amanda just sat there, trying to snap Tiffany out of her fantasy.

"My last piece.........." Tiffany mumbled with tears.

"TIFFANY!" Daniel shouted and kneeled down in front of Tiffany. He hold her shoulders and shook her a few times until she noticed him and started smiling.

"Did you find my last piece?" Tiffany asked with a sweet voice.

"Tiffany....It's me, Daniel. Please stop it" Daniel replied.

"Then GO AWAY" Tiffany screamed at him. Her eyes were filled with terror, anger and hatred.

"Tiffany..........." Daniel looked at her face with eyes wide opened. It was filled with confusion, heartbroken, suffer and sorrow. I've never seen him like this. I know so little about him. I wish I was always there for him when he need courage...like right now.

Daniel stared at her for awhile then he stood up and whispered to me "Take her home" with a soulless voice. It felt like he's dying inside.

I didn't stop him from walking away because I knew that he would only get mad if I do so. Maybe he's tired. His heart is tired. I can feel pain rushing through my body and struck my heart everytime I think about the way he looked at Tiffany when she screamed at him.

The best thing to do right now is taking Tiffany home. Even though it's a tough job but I did as Daniel told me. I took her to the penthouse. At first, she screamed at us and refused to move. But I faked a promise that I will help her find the last piece so she agreed to come with us. It was just a fake promise that I've made to persuade her to come home, but I swear to god I will help her find her last piece no matter what it takes and don't worry! I've already known where to start.