Chapter #30: Journey At The Mall

An awkward silence filled the entire living room. Nobody said anything except breathing heavily while staring down at the floor. I wanted to break the silence away but at the same time, nothing suitable pop up in my mind. All I can do is playing with my nails and stared at the ground like everyone else.

Daniel took a deep breath and looked up.
"Let's go home, Dana"

"What? But we haven't discussed about this yet" Dana resisted.

"There's nothing to discuss" Daniel stood up.

"What do you mean?" Dana did the same.

"There's nothing to discuss. Look, You're dating Tiffany's brother. I'm dating his sister. We're good. It's late. Let's go" He walked over to Dana and grabbed her hand dragging her out of the door. Dana quickly grabbed her purse and waved goodbye to me and Tyler before the door shut behind them.

I turned to look at Tyler and he shrugged.
"Well.......you should've told me that you're seeing someone. What a coincidence"

"We went on a date yesterday. That's when he asked me to be his girlfriend. YOU should've introduce me to your girlfriend" I played with my hair and rolled my eyes. Tyler just stood there laughing at my attitude. He seemed very chill about this whole situation. I wondered if Daniel really mean it. We're good, huh? I smirked.

"Ever heard of double marriage?" Tyler glanced at me while clearing the dining table. I guess we interrupted their dinner date.

"Not happening" I raised one eyebrow and went upstair. I could hear his annoying laughter from the kitchen while I'm climbing to my room.

After I took a long relaxing bath before bed, I changed into my unicorn onesie. I can hear my phone vibrated in my purse so I took it out and check the message. It was from Daniel.

"Sorry about what happened. Didn't mean to make a scene. Also forgot to give you a goodnight kiss" I read the message out loud, smiling like an idiot.

"You owe me a kiss then" I replied.

My phone vibrated again. I quickly picked it up and unlocked it to read the message.
"Don't worry. I'll pay you back ;)" He replied back with a winky emoji. I put my phone down on my chest and continued texting him until I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning by the sound of my ringtone. Someone was calling me early in the morning. I groaned and tried to read the caller's name with a blurry vision. Dammit! I can't make out the word. I swiped right and put my phone up to my right ear.

"Hey" A male's voice spoke into the phone.

"Hello?" I replied with a confused voice.

"Tiffany? This is David" He replied with a cheerful voice.

"Oh hey David. What's up?" I said with a husky morning voice.

"Sorry to call so early in the morning but I need your help"

"It's okay. Spit it out" Actually, It's not okay to wake a sleepyhead like me up this early but I'll forgive you since we're friend.

"Today is Amanda's birthday and I want to buy her gifts. I figured it'd be easier to get advice from a girl's perspective since I want to surprise her so will you go to the mall with me?"

I glanced at the calendar and noticed it's weekend. Alright, I have no plan anyway so why not? Maybe I'll buy something for Amanda too.
"Sure. When?"

"Now"

"What?"

"I need to spend time with her all day so---" I cut him off.