Chapter #47: Black Heart

TIFFANY'S POV

Do you believe in true love?

The question you've probably asked yourself at least once in your life time. Do I believe in true love? It would be depressing if I say no but also kind of sad if I drop a hard yes considering the situation I am in right now. I haven't ignored the fact that I just witnessed my boyfriend cheating. What even worse is this feel so surreal like a scene from a romance movie where the boss bang the assistant and cheat on his wife. How do I have the emotional energy to think straight at this point? What am I going to do now? I feel so...empty. If you wonder where am I right now I'm at my house. I left the building as soon as I ran out of the office.

I shoved my face into my fluffy pillow and screamed, not too loud, just enough to get the anger and frustration out. My cellphone has been muted, I haven't changed out of this sweaty clothes, I haven't even had lunch yet and I didn't have the will to either, not when I'm trying to process all this reality in front of me.

Afternoon has passed, it's currently six in the evening, as pathetic as it seems, I kept going back at my phone and checked if there's a text message from Daniel but my messenger app was as dry as the Sahara desert. To be completely honest, I don't think I can produce any tears anymore. Why am I so calm? The usual soft and emotional me would've broke down the moment I opened that goddamn door. Am I dead inside? Am I mad at Daniel or Victoria?

The atmosphere kept getting lonelier and lonelier as the clock ticking by. I've been sitting on my bed since the time I've arrived, hugging my favorite stuff animal. I suddenly feel like seeing Tyler's face and hug him. Speaking of the devil, Tyler walked through the door twenty minutes after, making loud footsteps like he's wearing heels. I shot up from my bed and rushed to the entrance to greet him.

"Tiff-"

Before he could freak out about me being a twelve years old and suddenly show him affection, I hugged him tightly like there's no tomorrow. Tyler was so tense but returned the hug after he gave up trying to figure out if I'm his sister's clone or not. Ahh this is it, yep it's coming. As soon as Tyler wrapped one of his arms behind my back and patted it gently with another hand, all the tears I've been saving started pouring down my face. I tried really hard not to sob and make any noises but my body was just shaky as hell. Of course my smart brother noticed how hard I am crying either by the shakiness or my tears made his sleeve wet.

"Tiffany?" He pulled away from the hug and looked at me in the eyes. I covered my face with my hand and kneeled down. Was it always this comforting and warm hugging my own brother? I've never felt this safe and comforting hugging my sibling mainly because we argue a lot so we don't have time to make up and try to talk to each other more but we understand each other though, We don't have to talk every single day, report every events that happened to one another but we know if something is off.

"You're so handsome. I miss seeing your face. I'm glad you're back" The more I tried to speak the harder I sob. Can he even understand me? I shoved my face in my hand and sobbed even harder than I already am. Tyler frowned but his voice remain calm and steady.

"Hey hey tell me what's wrong. You've never cried this much before don't scare me like this" He chuckled a little bit, trying to light up the mood. Unfortunately, asking me what's wrong just made my sobbing even worse, it sounded like I'm out of breath, about to say my last word.

"D-Daniel..." I couldn't finish my sentence, I broke down again and hugged him one more time. I guess he'll get the gist of it. Tyler pulled away from the hug again but this time he put his hands on my shoulder and shook me a few times. I slowly looked up to see his serious face, he was no longer smiling or giggling. I quickly looked away and gulped, tears still rolling down my pink tinted cheeks.