Chapter 3

Tyler's POV
I ran down the hallway leaving Chloë behind. I had a feeling she'd follow me in a bit but I left anyways. Thinking about that, it was rude of me, but what was I supposed to say? I wanted to see my sister. I slowed down when I saw Dylan with his head buried in his hands. "Hey dude" I gently said. He looked up, and I saw a nasty cut on the side of his face but it was stitched. He looked tired and guilty. His eyes were puffy and red from crying. He saw me and started crying again "I-I'm s-sorry T-Tyler," he choked "w-we we-" "Tell me later, now, where is she?" Chloë happened to walk in as Dylan pointed at the door in front of him. "T-Th-Th-" and he burst into tears. The poor guy couldn't even finish a sentence. "Come here" I said and pulled him into a hug.

He seemed to hug back tightly, "I-I'm really s-sorry" "it's okay." I pulled away and gave him a small smile, then turned to Chloë. "Can I go in?" She asked "I'll go first," I said "follow me in a bit, k?" She smiled sympathetically. I turned around and opened the door.

The room was dark, the only light that seemed to be on was above Lexi's bed and it seemed to shine on her. Kind of like when you're in surgery or something.

I walked closer towards my sisters unconscious body. I saw a lot of machines attached to her body and I also saw the heart monitor beeping. Her usually bright skin, full of life, looked so pale and lifeless. She had a bandage around her head and her face was stitched from the side kind of like Dylan's. Her face. Her face was so pale and kind of yellowish, she had random cuts and bruises here and there.

I didn't notice at first, but I started crying wondering if my annoying, yet lovable, little sister would come back. I sat down on the chair next to her and held her and started talking about our childhood and how we always fought over food-and we still do. (A/N: I feel like every sibling talks about these stuff whenever their sister or brother is in the hospital.) After a while, I got up, kissed her forehead and left. I approached the door slowly, turned around, and looked at my little sister one last time before walking out of the room with tears streaming down my face. I walked past Dylan who was still sad. Chloë rushed towards me. She gently placed her hand on my shoulder to stop me. I stopped in the middle of the hallway. She stood in front of me with worry written all over her face. "Are you okay?" She asked. She cupped my face with her hands. I shook my head and more tears slipped from my eyes. I looked away from her and stared at the floor. She placed her index finger and lifted my head so I can look at her. "It's okay. All of it will be okay" she promised. But you never know what might happen. She pulled me into a hug and rubbed her hands up and down my back. "Thank you" I mumbled into her shoulder. "It's okay" she whispered into my ear and I could feel her smile, which made me smile. She pulled away "Let's go get you something to cheer you up" Chloë said and pulled my hand, and I followed her to god knows where.