Chapter 22

Dylan's POV
I smiled triumphally  to myself and left the couple alone. I left my apartment and went to get some ice cream from the park across the street. I felt very happy for Tyler and Chloë, but that reminded me of everything Tyler and I did. Reminded me of how I created Lexi just so I wouldn't feel left out. But in real life, I had no one, and honestly I was sad as I knew Tyler would spend more time with Chloë.

But there was someone that made me feel like I can be just me around them, not the great Dylan O'Brien from TMR or TW, but just Dylan, a normal guy from New Jersey.

I got a text from Sophia saying 'Hey, is everything okay?' I immediately replied and said 'Yeah. Wanna grab a bite? I'll tell everything that happened' I told her that I'd pick her up from her place, she said 'okay' and I placed my phone back in my pocket.

I checked the time and it was 8pm.

I stood in front of Sophia's door waiting for her to open.

A beautiful member of the other gender in a maroon dress and black heels opened the door after a while "Hey" she said greeting me with a hug "Hey Soph" I said hugging her back "Y-You look wow" I said stuttering "Thanks, you don't so bad yourself" Sophia said giggling.

We got in my car and went to Le Bleu.

The ride was silent the whole way until I said "We're here". We got out of the car and walked into the restaurant "I thought we were just grabbing a bite" Sophia said as I wrapped my arm around her waist "It is," I said as I told the guy at the counter "Hi, I have a reservation for 2" "Name?" He asked "Dylan...Dylan O'Brien" I replied. He led us to our table and we sat down and ordered.

"So...what happened between Tyler and Bethany?" Sophia asked me "Well...Bethany is actually Chloë and-" I started but she cut me off "Wait, really? How did Tyler react when he found out?" "You saw him, we both did. But, they're back together now and everything is fine now. Except...I like someone and I'm not sure if they like me back, how do I find out whether they like me back or not?" I continued "Well, first you ask them out for dinner, then, when you hear the perfect song, you ask to dance and-" she started but I cut her off by asking "Well, in that case, Sophia...can I have this dance?" I got up and stretched my arm out for her to take it and she did, I smiled at her and she returned the smile.

We danced for a while, but then I stopped dancing and said "Sophia Minter, you make me the happiest man on earth and I've wanted been wanting to ask you this question for a long time now...Sophia, will you be my girlfriend?" I saw a smile creep on her face as she said "Yes" and I crashed my lips against hers.

I heard claps around us and felt her smile through the kiss. I pulled away and said "I love you" "I love you too" she replied. We got back to our seats, I asked for the receipt, paid, and we drove back to my place.

-The Next Morning-
I felt sunshine enter through the window that lit up my room. I fluttered my eyes open and blinked the sleep out of them.

I looked down to see Sophia's head buried in the crook of my neck, which was kind of hard to see, and she had both of her arms resting on my chest. Clearly, she still was dreaming of god knows what and looked like she'd stay like that for a while.

I slowly pulled my arm that was protectively wrapping her, and got out of head. I ran my hand through my hair as I walked towards the toilet and brushed my teeth.

Afterwards, I kinda got bored and decided to wake Sophia up. So, I went back to the bedroom, but she wasn't there. The bed was made and the pyjamas I gave her where neatly folded and placed on the bed. I panicked and walked in, looking around, but no Sophia.

"Miss me?" I heard a familiar voice say from behind me. I turned around as I saw Sophia, I smiled evilly. I saw her smile slowly fade away.

"Wait, Dyl-" I didn't let her finish. I picked her up and playfully threw her on the bed and started tickling her.

Now, when this usually happens you expect the girl to be giggling, but not with Sophia. She was laughing so hard that she sounded like a dying goose or an animal dying, and she was violently kicking and slapping. Then a minute later, tears started streaming down her face and her face was turning redder than a tomato and she looked like she was having a seizure because her mouth was wide open yet, no noise came out, no laugh. I actually got scared and stopped tickling her.

A few seconds later, her face was back to normal, and she was wiping her tears away, while heavily breathing.

We both laughed and then I smiled, feeling blessed because I felt like I found the one.

Chloë's POV
"Babe, wake up" I heard Tyler whisper in my ear, I smiled to myself when he said 'babe'. I rolled over and found a shirtless Tyler next to me. He have me a quick kiss and said "Dylan texted, he said he had good news and we're having breakfast with him" I nodded and said "I'll go take a shower" I got up and walked into the bathroom.

------------------------
This next chapter is probably gonna be the last chapter.