Chapter 11 (Part 2)

Dylan's POV
Chloë just left and she made me think about what happened. Lexi was only 17, how did she get into that club? She can't be lying, can she? No, I bet her friends had found a way to get her in. I bet- knock-knock-knock- my thought got interrupted by the knocking I heard.

I got up and wiped my tears away. I slowly turned the door knob and when I opened the door I saw Tyler. "Hey dude, how you-" he hesitated when he saw me then asked "What happened bro?" He asked, genuinely concerned "It's nothing" I mumbled "Are you crying? Dylan, what happened?" I looked up at him. He reminded me of Lexi, they were so alike. I burst into tears, not something a dude like me would do, but oh well. Tyler walked in and closed the door. He embraced me into a hug and rubbed my back, "You can talk about it, it'll make you feel better" I nodded and headed to the living room. I sat down on the couch and sighed heavily. Tyler joined me shortly after, as he made sure that he locked the door correctly. (A/N: Don't ask)

"It's Lexi" I said, once Tyler sat down. He frowned "What did she do now?" He asked bitterly. I've never heard him talk like this before. "Look, I don't know if I should tell you, man-" Tyler interrupted me by saying "Just get on with it" I sighed yet again for the one hundredth time today and told him what had happened.

After I was done, I looked up to see an angry Tyler "Oh, no, she just didn't" he said. His jaw clenched, his knuckles were white as he was clenching his fists, too. He had this crazy look, the I'm-About-To-Kill-Someone-Right-Now look. "Look dude. It's alright" I tried to reason with him, because I hated seeing Tyler angry, especially at Lexi, even though that rarely happened. "ALRIGHT? ALRIGHT? IT'S NOT ALRIGHT DYLAN. I'M GOING TO HER APARTMENT RIGHT NOW!!" He bellowed. His voice full of rage and anger. "Listen Tyler," I got up to talk to him, but he shot me a deadly glare "STAY OUT OF THIS!!" He screamed at me. My eyes widened. He opened the door and then slammed it shut when he stormed out.

I looked around me trying to think, I know Tyler wouldn't think about hitting his younger sister, but that won't stop him from screaming and threatening her.

I quickly ran to my bedroom and took my phone out of the charger. I unlocked it and dialed Chloë's number.

-Ring, Ring-Ring, Ring-Ring, Ring-Ring, Ring-
-Sorry the number you're calling cannot be reached, please try-
I cursed to myself and ended the call. Next I tried calling Lexi. Same thing. "That's weird" I thought. I quickly ran out of the house, but then I remembered I had to change my clothes. So I ran back in and changed from my PJ's into a white shirt and some jeans with a green flannel and my white converse then headed to my car and drove over to Lexi's apartment as fast as I can.

*Skipping car ride*

When I arrived, I found the door slightly open. I heard a familiar scream and loud crash.
Then I heard something break, then Tyler bellowing "HOW DARE YOU?!!" I unfroze and rushed into the house. The noise seemed to be coming from the living room. I rushed there, but only appeared when something horrifying had already happened. Lexi was lying motionless with blood dripping from the side of her mouth. I saw Tyler standing not so far away shaking violently, with tears on the corner of his eyes and blood dripping from his hand.

I must've gasped, because when Tyler looked at me, tears started slipping from his eyes "I-I...." He tried to explain. I honestly was so horrified that I started slowly backing away from Tyler. "Listen Dylan-" he tried again. I looked at him and then his hand, then I looked up at Tyler and then his hand, then I looked up at him once again. "Get away from her" I said. It came out a bit harsher than intended. Tyler stumbled then went to the kitchen. I ran up to Lexi and cradled her head in my lap. My eyes teared up as I remembered when we had an accident and the same thing happened.

Lexi was hurt once again. I wiped off the blood that was slipping on the side of her mouth with my hand and started crying once again. I recalled the time we were at the hospital the day after the accident when I was telling Chloë about me and Lexi, how much I love her, "everything is going to be okay" I would tell Lexi, but I'm not sure what's going to happen now.

When Tyler came back, he had a first aid kit. His eyes were puffy from crying. I can't imagine myself looking any better. He sat down next to me and looked sadly at Lexi. "I lost it," Tyler said "I never hit Lexi in my entire life." He continued. He got out some cotton and placed some sanitizer on it, then gently dabbed it on the side of her face. "Can I?" He asked. I just nodded and let him place Lexi's body between his arms, the same way I had her a few seconds ago. "I shouldn't have done this. I'm a bad brother" his voice cracked at the end. He took a shaky breath and put the sanitizer and cotton back in the first aid kit. He gently carried Lexi and took her back to her bedroom, I followed Tyler and saw him cover Lexi tightly, then he closed the curtains and turned the lights off. He was doing what Lexi loved to do everyday before she went to bed. Tyler slowly walked back to Lexi and rubbed her arm. I heard him mumble "Sorry" then he turned around past me into the living room.

"I will never forgive myself" he said as he walked past me. "Hey, Tyler," I said. It was now my turn to comfort my best friend, "Come here," I said softly. He came closer and I hugged him tightly "It's okay, you weren't yourself" he hugged back tightly and I felt him sob "It's my fault." He whispered "No, it's not, go get some rest" I said pulling away and clasping my hand on his shoulder. Tyler left and I turned around to see Lexi.

I walked in and crouched down next to Lexi's bed. I was face to face with her. She looked peaceful and had a very faint smile on her face that I barely made out. Except for the bruise near her mouth. She still looked as gorgeous as ever. I thought back to the moment where I left her crying after I said "It's over Lexi" I do remember promising not to hurt her or leave her, but that's exactly what I've done. I wanted to cry, but there were no more tears, all that I was left with, was the feeling of guilt and sadness.

I gently stroked Lexi's chocolate, brown hair for a few seconds, then stopped and smiled sadly to myself. I tucked a stranded piece of hair behind her ear and cupped her face between my hands. I stared at Lexi's face. I slowly leaned in and placed my lips on hers, but she didn't kiss back this time like she did only a week ago. Instead of her soft, warm lips, her lips were cold and stiff, lifeless may I add. I pulled away and stared at her once again, trying to recall what was happening.

It was at that point, that I realized the thought of- just the thought of losing her shatters and breaks me into pieces. But I was conflicted, should I forgive her for her mistakes, or should I let her go to avoid another heart break?