Chapter 14

Tyler POV
When I walked back into the living room, Lexi and Dylan were gone, and Chloë was sleeping on the couch. I smiled to myself and walked towards her. "Chloë," I whispered "Chloë, wake up" I said a bit louder this time. "5 more minutes mum" Chloë said, I laughed and said "Babe, it's Tyler"....SHIT. I forgot that she doesn't remember that we're together, I still need to help her remember everything, most importantly...us.

-The Next Week-
It's been a week since I had gotten Chloë out of the hospital and she still didn't regain her memory.
I was pacing around the house, when I heard something break in the basement. I ran down there and saw Chloë with a bunch of photos in front of her and a broken glass of water on the floor. I ran up to Chloë and asked "What's wrong?" "N-Nothing, it's just that...why can't I remember anything? I see all these pictures of us, but I can't remember what happened, or...what is happening" Chloë said tearing streaming down her face. I gave her a tight hug and we went back up.

*1 hour later*
"Wait...so, how did I forget about us dating?" Chloë asked me "I told you, you got into an accident with Lexi, bit your injury was stronger" I replied.

I still didn't tell her about what happened with Cameron, and I didn't want to tell her because I knew that if I did tell her, we would get into a fight and I didn't want that to happen. "I...um...I saw a text sent from my phone to you but...I wasn't the one that sent that text, I have wanted to tell you and ask you something for a long time now," she started, I was kind of worried now about what she was gonna tell/ask me. I nodded and she continued "so, um...before I moved to New Jersey, I had a boyfriend, Cameron, and we used or fight a lot. But before I moved, I broke up with him and now...back to the text...I saw initials at the end, and they belonged to Cameron, I think he sent you the text...Tyler, was Cameron part of the whole 'accident'?" I froze. I didn't know what to say, but I should probably just tell her the truth... "Chloë, you told me about Cameron already and the truth is...when he found out that we were dating, he...he got mad and he's...he's the one that caused the accident" I said looking down.

When I looked back up at Chloë, I saw tears well up in her eyes. I took her hands in mine and said "Don't worry, everything is okay now" "What exactly happened?" She asked me. I looked away, took a deep breath and started explaining.

Dylan's POV
After Lexi and I ate at Nandos, we headed back to my place. I unlocked the door and let Lexi walk in first. I walked in after her and closed the door.

"What do you wanna do?" I asked Lexi. "Watch a movie?" She replied, her voice coming from the living room. I went there and saw her looking through my DVD section that contains all different kinds of movies and shows. She had her back to me, so I decided to creep up on her from behind.

I tip-toed, and a few seconds later, I stood right behind her. She didn't notice me and I did my best to hide my laugh. I wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my head on her right shoulder. She wasn't,scared, which kind of disappointed me, but I didn't care anyways. I felt her smile which made me smile.

"What should we watch?" Lexi asked me, "A Beautiful Mind" I answered, taking the DVD out with my left arm, while keeping my right arm wrapped around her waist. I left her and placed the DVD in the DVD player. "I'll prepare the popcorn" I heard Lexi say, "I'll get the blankets" I said getting up and hurrying to my bedroom.
I opened my drawer and grabbed a grey, fluffy blanket and went back downstairs.

Lexi was gone.

I saw he food she had set on the table, but she wasn't there.

I felt my heart drop, disappointment washing over me. The blanket fell from my hands to the floor. "Lexi just left me" I thought to myself. Though a second later, I saw her walking back to the couch and yawning.
"Come on Dylan!" She shouted "You're taking ages!" Relief and happiness filled me.

*Half way through the movie*
Lexi was sleeping on my shoulder. I smiled to myself and gave her a kiss on the cheek before picking her up from the couch and going up to my bedroom.
I placed her in my bed, rested her head on the pillow, and covering her with a blanket. She curled up in bed and held the blanket close to her chest.