Chapter 4

Dylan's POV
"It's your fault." That's all what I could think about. It was my idea to go get some food with Lexi. It was my idea to use the shortcut by passing the bloody crossroad. It was my fault that Lexi is now in a somewhat unconscious state, and it's my fault I made my best friend cry.

Tyler had just left the room and his face was red. His eyes puffy from crying. I couldn't look him in the eyes without remembering what happened.

I haven't seen Lexi since the accident, so I decided to pay her a small visit.

I got up and wiped away my tears with my shirt. I sighed and walked up to the door. I slowly opened it and there she was.

She was lying down without moving, with the heart monitor beeping next to her. I couldn't stand it. But i continued approaching her, until I was right next to her. Her pale, lifeless skin was filled with cuts and stitches. She had a lot of machines attached to her. Her face was beaded with sweat. She had some hair stuck to the side of her face. I lightly removed it then got some damped tissues and wiped her sweat away. Even with all the cuts and bruises, she still looked beautiful. I smiled sadly and sat down. I held her hand tightly. I'm not leaving until she wakes up. It was my fault. My mistake. That a gorgeous human being was suffering from this. I couldn't help but cry. I started sobbing as I held her hand and gave it a light squeeze. "Please, wake up," I sobbed "please" I looked up at her, but there was no response. I lowered my head and placed it on the hospital bed. "Please Lexi. Don't leave us. Don't leave me." I looked at her and kissed her hand. I felt my eyes get heavy and drifted off to sleep.

-Next Morning-

I felt someone's hand run through my hair. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Lexi smiling at me. "Lexi?" I asked and raised my head. I quickly ran my hand through my hair and fixed my shirt. She laughed. I smiled, it was good to finally hear her laugh again. But, a second later, her happy expression turned into a confused expression. "What?" I asked worriedly. "Where's Tyler? What happened? Why am I here?" Now this might sound stupid, but I felt disappointed. She didn't ask how I was. Does she not remember me? "Where is Tyler?" She asked again. "Uh-Um we got into an accident yesterday. Tyler visited you last night then left." "Can you please call him?" I nodded sadly. "Hey, um...don't you remember me?" I asked. She laughed again "Of course I do Dyl." I got up and hugged her tightly. "I-can't-breathe" I chuckled and pulled away. "It's good to have you back" I said. I kissed her forehead then left to call Tyler.