Prologue

The echoing sound of his large palm coming into contact with my cheek is followed by the metallic taste of blood in my mouth and black spots clouding my vision. I'm numb to the emotional pain, I'm used to it now, but not physically, there's only so much my small body can take.
My eyes begin to water, blurring my vision further, but I refuse to cry this time.
Never has crying solved anything. The sick bastard enjoys watching me suffer and cry while he beats me half to death.
I'm yanked to the floor by my long chestnut hair, hard, a scorching pain slices through my skull causing a small yelp to escape my cut lips. My fragile body hits the crimson stained carpeted floor with a distinctive THUD.
The blood covered scene before me begins fading into darkness, my eyelids weighing too heavy to keep open and I'm soon consumed by darkness accompanied by the evil sound of my step-father laughing to himself.

The next time I wake I'm in my cold, dull bedroom, exposed for the world to see. My pale skin painted in bruises and cuts of new and old, dried blood covering most of my body. A throbbing pain is spread throughout my body focused more intensely where the deeper cuts or darker bruises laid from the recent abuse.

I knew my 'mother' wouldn't be home for a while as she would disappear for days at a time. My step-father either passed out somewhere from drinking or had actually managed to leave the house to go in search of the fuel for his addictions.
My brother had left me. My best friend too.
My brother had gone in search of fame and glory, escaping from the clutches of abuse. I'm relieved for him that he got away, but little did he know, he left me, his own sister, to face the concentrated wrath of our mother's second husband.

My name is Alexis Bailey Rose, I am 17 years old, I live locked up in my bedroom in the small town Lafeyette, Indiana, USA, (land of the free. Bullshit)
I'm also the sister of William Bailey Rose. Or as you will know him. Axl Rose. Lead singer for Guns N' Roses🌹

Song: Aerosmith - Cryin'

Okay guys, my first ever writing, I would appreciate any comments you have, please excuse me if the ages for whom in the story aren't correct for the time lines and I hope you enjoy.