Shelter Me

The guys finish their short practice session playing Aerosmith and other classics they all knew and look to each other in awe.
Izzy goes to Slash to talk about guitars, Duff and Steven start talking about rhythm and beat behind the standard drum kit, leaving me and Axl to drift toward each other.
"You've made it big bro." I state happily.
"I have a band. We sound fucking great. This will work Bails." Axl says whilst staring at the four men in the room who are all grinning and laughing together, all talking about the one thing that they all live and breath for. Music.

My brother turns to me with a grin.
"Remember when you were 14 and I was 16, we snuck into the church and drank all the wine." We begin laughing as I elbow him, "You got so drunk that you decided ringing the church bells at 3am would be a great idea! You woke the whole damn town up!"
"Well it was a good idea until the cops showed. How long were we grounded after that?"
He questions thoughtfully.
"Two months." Izzy adds simply to the conversation. It was only then we realised everyone was listening to our conversation with amused looks on their faces. Izzy continues with what he was saying,
"I remember because you two were the only people I hung out with everyday and with you both locked up at home, I started learning guitar."
Everybody laughs and Iz shrugs his shoulders.
"Your welcome?" I mumble.

One month later

"Sexy Lexi!" Is shouted when I enter the living room of the small apartment.
In the time I've been living with my brothers, I've gotten to know the guys really well. I can't imagine life without any of them.
I rub the grit from my eyes and look to Duff. Looking up I see him and Axl having a staring contest with Duff looking innocent and Axl looking like he could hurt the poor guy.
"Guys, stop it."
Nothing.
"GUYS!"
Both of their heads snap in my direction looking like guilty puppies.
It's been like this for a while, Duff will call me pretty lady or Sexi Lexi and Axl will get all protective.
"Where's the food?"
Axl laughs and Duff smirks, I walk fully into the room and realise I'm still only in plaid short shorts and one of the guys shirts. Axl's? Izzy's? Who knows.
My cheeks turn as red as Axl's crimson hair and I turn on my heel, scurrying back to the room I'm sharing with a still sleeping Izzy, feeling Duff's gaze on me the whole time.

Changing from the shorts I sleep in and into a pair of Izzy's black leather pants, I use his comb for my hair and then continue into the bathroom. Why does Iz even have a comb. It's not like he even uses the thing!
Shit. Toothbrush.
"Hey Ax!?"
"Hey Bails!?" He mimics.
"Toothbrush!?"
I hear a grunt as Izzy shuffles into the room, looking like death warmed up, wearing only a pair of boxers, he reaches above my head grabbing a toothbrush from above the mirror cabinet. Placing it in my hand. And shuffling back to bed where he flops down and goes back to sleep before I can thank him. Obviously he's never changed. I mean, I could go round his house at two in the afternoon and he'd still be sleeping.

First month in the big city, I've fully moved into Will and Jeff's. Will and Jeff go by Axl and Izzy now. I'm safe from evil step-father. Duff is hot. I'm reunited with my family. Wait what? Duff's hot? Well yes but, dammit Alexis.

I walk to the kitchen, not surprised to find the place void of food, going back out to the living room, I find Axl and Duff how they were before, relaxing on the sofa, Axl reading a novel, Duff strumming his precious bass.
I sit between them and poke Axl's face until he looks at me annoyed.
"Feed me?" I ask innocently
"Izzy! Get up and feed your sister!" He shouts.
"Fuck off Ax. It was yours first!" Izzy shouts back groggily.
"Fine! I'll go get my own food!" I snap, rolling my eyes. Fighting over who will provide me with the food to survive. Thanks guys.
"Do you even know where to get food in LA?" Axl questions.
"I'll find something." I say plainly as I stand up, Duff looks at me as if he wants to ask me something but then concentrating back on his instrument, I make my way to the door in view of the room and bend to pull on my boots.

I hear a muttered 'shit Le...' and the sound of someone getting hit with a book.
Turning back I see Axl looking smug whilst watching Duff rubbing his head.
"What was that for!?" He grumbles guiltily.
"You weren't checking out the fucking door you ass, that's my baby sister." Axl growls at the blonde bassist.
"Duff, you're coming with me. Axl. I'm not your baby sister anymore. I'm old enough to look after myself. Jesus man."
Duff hops to his feet happily and trots over to me smirking, he pulls on his converse, yanks the door open for me and we step into the hall leaving a pissy and upset looking Axl behind, slamming the door.
Maybe I was a bit harsh on him. But he did leave me with our Step-Father so he obviously doesn't think I still need protecting that much.

Duff grabs my hand as we walk from the building into the busy streets, a smile creeping onto my face as the heat for his large hand warms my cold one.
"I know exactly where to go for food." Duff smiles shyly, we go as far as a hundred metres before Duff pulls into the bar where we met, The Rainbow, it smells of whiskey and food. Heaven. Lived here a month and only left the apartment enough to go to band practice and alcohol runs. That's just depressing. Really.
"So, first date huh?" Duff smirks jokingly.
I lower my eyebrows at the guy in mock anger.
"What do you want to eat?"
"Um...whatever you're having.." I say to Duff, knowing full well that he lives on burgers and vodka.
"Sorry it's not much Lexy but the foods great I promise."
"Hey Duff, it's great don't worry, but if the foods bad, I pick the next place we eat." I smile happily.

After an awesome burger meal sat in the corner of the Rainbow, we make our way outside again, Duff taking my hand back in his.
"Wanna go see the guys?" He asks casually.
"Sure!" I smile, already missing the two musicians I've grown to love over the past month. I basically drag Duff back to his apartment.

"Guess who has come to grace you with my divine presence!" I shout walking into the dingy apartment.
"ALEXIS!" Is screamed from the hallway as Steven sprints toward me and tackles me in a hug, resulting in us both tumbling to the alcohol stained floor with me on top of the excitable drummer boy.
Slash is next to walk in and takes one look at us awkwardly entwined together,
"On the floor guys, really? There's a bedroom five steps that way." Slash points to the hallway he had emerged from, faking exasperated.
"Shut the fuck up Slash, you're being mean because Lex loves me more then you!"
Steven mocks like a toddler to the curly guitarist, sticking his tongue out.
I notice Duff had disappeared during all of our antics, probably to empty the fridge of booze. Slash pulls me from Steven and hugs me to his side.
"You love me more right Alexis?" He asks me innocently. I look between the two men whilst they stare at me like two innocent puppies.
"Tough for both of you, she loves me more!"
Izzy screams walking through the apartment door, my brother trailing behind him with a grin on his face.
"We also have news for everyone!" Axl states.