Its a Long Way to the Top

"I'm hooooome!" Screams Duff loudly as we all tumble from the sweaty truck and scatter towards our gear within the trailer.
The driver completely ignores us whilst running towards the alley behind the truck stop we're at, just inside the city limits. I'm guessing he needs another fix or something. Gross.
We made it all the way to Seattle with two hours before the guys first show! We made it!

Grabbing our gear, we decide to make it to the venue early so they can set up in good time and find something to eat and drink. Anything is better than warm bottle water and crisps.
Me, Slash and Duff lead our small group of misfits.

"You're from Seattle?" I ask Duff curiously.
"Born and raised, I left a year ago, met your brothers and the other two fluff-heads , haven't been back since." He says casually, Slash smacking his arm for the fluff-head comment.
"You don't miss your family?" I question.
"Of course! But I know this is what they would've wanted and this band is going to make it one day, I'm sure of it." He states proudly.
"I know." I grin. All the while, the guys listen in on us and nod agreeably, walking down the Seattle streets, tousled, messy and carrying a piece of drum kit each. Receiving odd looks from the by-passers.

Two and a half days waking and hitchhiking with five very rowdy and tired men, to play a two hour set in a grungy bar just inside of Seattle, to begin a small tour that would hopefully build the Guns a fan base. Good grief.
Entering the virtually empty bar, that is the thought that runs through my head and makes me smile goofily, causing Steven to plaster a childish grin over his face, soon enough we were all smiling like mad men.

"Wanna drink Gorgeous?" I'm asked by a guy around my age whilst I sit at the band watching the band run around the stage either attempting to set up equipment (Izzy, Axl and Slash) or running round screaming like five year olds (Duff and Steven).
"Don't worry, I mean no harm, just here to check out the band. Thought I'd take the rare opportunity to talk to a pretty girl while I had the chance." He smiles kindly and I notice his blue eyes really stand out against his dirty blonde hair and pale skin, one drink couldn't hurt and he was clearly harmless and rather attractive.
"Sure." I smile and his cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

The barrister sits down a glass of Coke for me and a beer for my new friend and I smile gratefully.
"Sorry, I never introduced myself, I'm Kurt." He holds out a hand with rough finger tips and as I shake his hand I smirk to myself.
"Bassist or guitarist? I'm Alexis."
Kurt look a mix between shocked and impressed. "Bassist. How did you get that?"

Before I can explain, a hand is wrapped around my waist tightly and a chin rested upon my head, "Lexy here knows a few bassists." Duff's voice sounds menacingly above me.
"Kurt, this is Duff, a good friend of my brothers. Duff this is my new friend Kurt."
Duff immediately takes a step back from me and I look back quick enough to see hurt flash across his features, covered quickly by arrogance. I don't understand why he's be hurt though, I hardly know the guy and I'm merely being friendly to Kurt.

"Hey Duff, you're here with Guns N' Roses right? I came to check you guys out." He nods politely towards Duff, who keeps a cold blank stare in return.
"I appreciate it man, just came to get Alexis here so she can come test out the PA." Duff states robotically.

"I'll speak to you later Kurt, thanks for the drink." Duff walks off ahead of me and I take the opportunity to jot my number of the drink coaster with a random pen from the bar, handing it to him," You're a good guy, sorry about Duff." I pat his shoulder and smile happily before practically jogging across the room to catch up with Duff's long strides towards the backstage door.