Foolin

I awake to pounding on my locked bedroom door.
"Come on Terror, open the door." There is a couple more thuds before Izzy gives up, I hear his steps fade away as he returns to the living room, there are muffled voices followed by another set of steps approaching.
"It's me, I know you can hear me Lexy, open the door so we can talk about this. Please." Duff begs, almost making me want to reply or open the door for him, instead I burrow further into the blankets and scrunch my eyes closed.
"Fine, come out when you're ready." He shuffles back the way he came with a sigh.

I'm woken again what seems like five minutes later to more noise.
"If she decides to come out let me know, I'll come over to talk to her."
"I can't believe you let her see that!"
"I know and I'm sorry, just promise you'll call if she comes out."
"Okay, I promise to call you and Steven back when she decides to come out man."
"I owe you Ax."
"Just go, McKagan."
I hear Duff leave once again and the main door opens then slams shut.

"You awake in there?" My brother whispers into the door. "If you can hear me: Duff, Slash and Steven have gone to their apartment for a little while, Izzy went for a walk to clear his head for a few hours and I'm meeting Erin, we'll talk about this when you want to Bails."
I listen as my brother leaves the apartment before hopping from my bed and getting the slip of paper from my jeans on the floor.
Dialing Tommy's number into the kitchen phone; I wait for someone to pick up.

"Hello?" A tired voice answers, ending the ringing.
"Hey, is Tommy around?" I ask politely.
"Yeah hang on, Tommy! There's a chick on the phone for you!" Is yelled, followed by muffled voices and rustling.
"Alex?" Tommy asks hopefully.
"Hey Tommy it's me." I laugh, curling the phone cord around my finger.
"Sorry, Mick answered. You never called last night! I though you got kidnapped or something!" He chuckles.
"Nothing like that, sorry though, I was actually wondering if you wanted to meet up?" I ask shyly.
"Yeah! Sure, how about we meet at the music store on sunset in twenty?"
"That's perfect, see you then Tommy." I smile as I hang the phone back in its place, trotting back to my room to get ready before making my way towards the store.

Whilst I wait for my friend I browse through the endless stacks of vinyl. Picking up a Black Sabbath one with interest.
"A Sabbath girl?" Tommy beams as I turn to look up at him, due to his colossal height, almost as tall as Duff, his childish grin dazzling in the afternoon sun.
"Didn't I tell you last night? I'm the biggest rock fan you'll ever meet!" I laugh.
"In that case, you'd love my band, anyway, how come you couldn't call last night?"
His eyebrow cocks slightly and although I've only just met the guy, I feel as if I can trust him.

"I walked in on my brother and two best friends doing cocaine in the apartment."
"Ah, so you're not into drugs then." He says as he looks through a different rack of vinyls beside me.
"No way, why slowly die and obsess over something that makes you loose control."
"You're different compared to other girls Alex. Anyway, why don't we get a drink?" He suggests, taking me by the elbow and dragging me from the shop causing me to follow and laugh.

"So Mötley Crüe huh? What's it like being in a hardcore band?" I ask taking a sip from my fresh coffee as I sit in a booth opposite Tommy.
"Well, there are no dull moments, what's it like living with a hardcore band." He smirks.
"Honestly?" I look towards his eyes.
"Go for it."
"I don't feel like I can trust my brothers, I like him but don't know where I stand with the bassist, the drummer is on a lot of drugs and the guitarist is fine, I actually have no problems with that one."
"That's certainly a predicament kiddo, at least you have a trustworthy new bestie to look out for you though!" He grins.
"True true!" I smile.

"So the bassist huh?" He asks seriously.
"Yeah, I don't know if he likes me, likes someone else or is just playing with me."
"Do you want him?" He asks tapping a slim finger to his chin.
"I don't know, I really don't."
Tommy smirks evilly and takes a gulp of his coffee.
"Want me to get you over your little crush?"
"You can certainly try my friend." I laugh nervously.
"Come with me! You're going to meet my band!" He jumps up, placing some bills on the table to pay for the coffees and trots towards the door, looking back to see if I'm coming.
Sighing I get to my feet, trudging after the hyper drummer.