Jump

"Hey Alex you coming to watch our Christmas Eve show at the Whiskey?"
"Sure! Just let me get ready and I'll be straight out!"
"Whatever, just hurry up!"
I place my mascara back in my small makeup bag in the tiny bathroom and step out into the dimly lit hallway.
"Hey Izzy, you still here?" I shout.
There's no reply as I wander around the dingy apartment looking for my boots and the band. They seriously  couldn't wait two minutes for me!? I dive into Izzy's bedroom where I spot my boots beside his wardrobe and pull them onto my feet.

Looking in the mirror in his room, I smile into my reflection. Leather jacket framing a white Van Halen t-shirt and ripped black jeans with the bottoms tucked into my trusty cowboy boots. My lips coated in subtle red lip stick with a thin layer of eyeliner around my eyes. Not bad for kid like me.

Making my way towards the Whiskey-Go-Go club, I take in the street light lit streets, strippers, rockers and other interesting character pass me by.
"Hey Miss!"
I turn around in confusion. Is someone calling me?
"Hey!"
I jump when a manicured hand touches my shoulder lightly.
"You're Axl's little sister right?"
I turn to a tall, slim model looking girl with a tight curve pronouncing dress and long, caramel hair framing a heart shaped face.
"Um yeah?" I'm forced to look up to meet her kind stare due to her incredibly high heels.

"Look, I'm real sorry for meeting you like this but I was on my way to find you, Axl has been in a fight with another band and now we can't find him, the show starts in ten." She rants quickly, looking over her shoulder every now and then as if Axl will come strolling round the corner any minute.
"Oh Jesus, okay, so you look in the Roxy and I'll check the local bars, if you find him then meet me at the Whiskey in ten." She nods in approval as I jog towards the Rainbow bar.

After five minutes of looking in every bar on the street I give up and make my way towards the Whiskey in hope that the model girl had better luck.
"Slash? You guys found Axl yet?" I shout across the backroom to the curly haired guitarist as I weave through people to get to him. The other band members nowhere in site, probably setting up on the stage.
"Nope, he went to cool off ages ago, so we're going on without him, improvise with some instrumentals and I think Iz and Duff are going to do some singing."
"He'll turn up Slash. Want a hand with anything back here?"
"Here's an idea! Take Duff's bass to the stage whilst I tune my precious baby?" He says gratefully and points towards the sleek bass guitar against the wall as he grabs his treasured guitar.
"Sure man." I grab the neck of the bass and carefully make my way to the curtained off stage, towards Duff who sits beside Izzy on an amp, as usual,  smoking cigarettes and pulling at his hair in stress.
"Here." I place the instrument against the amp next to his dangling legs and smile kindly, to which he returns, relieved to see me.
"Thanks Lexy, any luck finding Axl?" He holds out the cigarette to which I gladly accept.

"Nope, but the show must go on!" I declare, only to receive a giggle from the hyper looking drummer sitting behind his kit. "Hey Alex!"
"Hey popcorn! Need a hand with anything?" I question towards the three men.
"Well, now that you ask, how much do you love this band?" Izzy asks me curiously.
"You know I'm your biggest fan and I love you guys!" I state, slightly offended that they'd even question my loyalty.
"And how well do you know the songs Little Terror?" He asks with an evil grin.
"Every word, what has this got to do with anything?..." I reply, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
"You're filling in until your brother shows up, you know how to use the mic?" Duff hops to his feet and stubs out a cigarette, pushing me towards the microphone.
"No way guys, you know how many people are out there!?" I'm panicking, I've never sung in front of more than two people and both of them ran away as soon as possible.

"Yes way, you've got a great voice and know the words. Plus you owe me. We're starting with Welcome to the Jungle so get your ass ready, set list is on that wall." Izzy argues, wave his hand towards the wall behind Steven. Izzy has hopped to his feet, now strapping his guitar to his body and tuning it to perfection.
"Fine." I growl. Using the reflection from Steven's bass drum to check my appearance.

Just on cue, the curtains lift and Slash comes trotting onto the stage from the side door, guitar hung loose and top hat perched among his curls. I make my way to the mic under the gaze of around 100 perfect strangers. Instinct and adrenaline take over.
"How you guys doing tonight!?" I yell enthusiastically.
*drunken screams*
"This is Guns N Roses and I'm only filling in tonight as the singer couldn't make it on time, this is Welcome to the Jungle and we hope you like it!"
*whoops and catcalls* from the audience.
Three songs in and I'm loving it, running around the stage, teasing the audience, chasing Slash around the drum-kit, singing back to back with the boys and all in all having a blast. Steven jumps up and down behind the kit like the energetic fluff ball he is, Izzy concentrates on producing the sound and backing, Slash playfully chases me during the choruses and Duff keeps his eyes on me the whole time, sometimes he shares the mic with me for certain lines and leans his head against mine. The audience loves it. What a rush!