Dancing in the Dark

"Fuuuuuuck!" I groan as I roll to the edge of my bed, legs tangles in the sheets and a marching band trampling over my brain.
Unable to go back to sleep, I decide to chance a trip to Axl's bedroom medicine cabinet.

Fighting my way from my bed's warm clutch, I shuffle groggily to the hallway, peering around corners stealthily for any signs of life anywhere.

Successfully having made my way to my brother's door, I place an ear against the cool wood, nothing, meaning he's either sleeping or not here.
"Lexy what are you doing?" Duff questions quietly from behind me, causing a startled yelp to escape my lips.
"Nothing. What are you doing here, looking for your stash?" I quip, squaring my shoulders and meeting his steely gaze.
"Forget I asked." His face shows signs of frustration and hurt before he turns on his heel and retreats towards the living room.

Maybe that was a bit harsh.

Shouting and arguing wakes me from my light slumber.
"Who the fuck are you!?"
"A friend of Alexis, damn!"
"So why the hell are you here and what kind of friend!?"
Recognising Axl and Tommy's voices, I launch myself from the bed again and sprint towards the commotion, tripping over a can of beer and landing on my ass at the feet of the two men.
"Way to make an entrance shortie." Tommy laughs, door still swung open behind him.
"Alexis, what the fuck are you doing and why the fuck is this guy here!?" Axl growls down at me. If I didn't know my brother as well as I do, I'd be scared, instead I reach out to Tommy for him to help me up before answering his rant.

"Tommy this is my brother Axl, Ax his is my friend Tommy, Tommy why are you here?" I ask sweetly, still having to gaze up at him as I stand between him and Axl.
"Thought I'd come see if you were okay after last night." He shrugs casually.
"I'm go..."

"So YOU got my baby sister drunk and kept her out all night!?" Axl yells, face red and I can imagine him as a cartoon with stream rolling from his ears and nose.
"Tommy go to my room, second door on the left." I signal for him to leave before turning to Axl.
"I'm old enough to make my own decisions and why do you suddenly care about me. Where were you whilst our step-father fucked me Axl? Where were you when he beat me unconscious everyday of the week. Or when I had to steel beer for him so he would drink himself to sleep rather than beat me bloody!?" I seethe.
His face softens slightly and a fire roars in his emerald eyes.
"I'm sorry Bails." He whispers, looking behind me without emotion.

"What..." I look behind me to see the whole band behind me, each with either angered or sympathetic faces.

Without hesitation I run towards my room, slamming the door and crashing into Tommy's embrace.
"I heard everything honey." He mumbles into my wild hair, arms wrapped protectively around me and crushing my body into his chest whilst I sob.
"I'm sorry Tommy." I cry.
"Hey, shhhh, its nobody's fault but your step-father, calm down sweetie, calm down." He soothes, allowing me to wail into his t-shirt.