Walk this Way

"What the fuck Steven!" A hushed argument stirs me from my once peaceful slumber,
"I didn't do anything dumbass, you know I'm a cuddler, there's nothing else to it!" I guess that was Steven responding to whoever he's arguing with.

"Quiet down before you wake her, and innocent? Her lipstick is on your cheek!"
So they're talking about me kissing Steven on the cheek, and Steven being a cuddler? That probably means that I crawled into bed with him last night. Why are they arguing? Nothing happened.

"Dude, calm down, it's not like you guys are married or anything!" Steven is starting to get more irritated so I roll over and glare at them from the floor.
"Stop it you two, Steven fetched me stuff for a shower yesterday, I kissed him in the cheek, then I crawled into the only empty space. It could've been with anyone. So calm the fuck down!" Duff glares at me and Steven laughs.

"Terror! Over here!" Izzy shouts across the room and motions for me to go to him. Leaving the boys to work out their shit, I make my way towards an amused looking Izzy feeling Duff and Stevens staring at my backside the whole time, making me self conscious of the shirt that ends at the top of my knees (the good side of being short). Sporting tight jeans, boots, waist coat and his beads, Izzy stands casually beside the stage door, cigarette in hand.

"What's up Iz?" I smile, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.
"We leave in an hour, thought you'd want the heads up so you can get ready. You kind of look like shit sis." He smirks.
"Ass" I reply, hitting him on the side of the head.

Heading towards my bag, I pull out today's clothes, Def Leppard vest top, jean shorts and jean jacket, underwear, hair brush and makeup on top of the pile.
I make my way to the restroom where I can hear Axl singing softly in the shower and Slash is writing on the wall with a marker pen, legs crossed and his face still with concentration. Looking over his shoulder and masses of hair, I see a beautiful detailed rose with poetic bleeding thorns and soft looking leaves.

"That's really something Slash." I note amazed, he jumps backwards into my legs and looks up.
"Shit, you scared me Alex!" He laughs awkwardly.
"You should draw more often, you're really good dude!"
"Thanks, it's a good hobby. You want to get dressed?"
"Yeah, you can carry on if you keep your eyes on the wall Mr. 6-string." I joke.
"No problem, eyes on the wall." He repeats chuckling to himself.

I move to the other side of the tiled room and switch my underwear over without removing the shirt, sliding the shorts on and then my boots.
Slipping the shirt over my head and quickly putting the vest on, checking over my shoulder to see Slash still adding detail to his bathroom wall artwork.
"All done!" I state, placing my clothes into a messy pile near the door to be returned to my bag and moving to the mirror beside the shower where Axl is singing an unfamiliar song. It's pretty.

Applying a coat of mascara and light red lipstick, I smile a little into my reflection. Pale skin, light chestnut hair, in desperate need of dying a darker brown, the red tinge returning with a vengeance, button nose, plain blue eyes and slim face. Am I cute? I'm definitely not sexy. Now frowning into my reflection.
"You're gorgeous Alexis, don't let anyone tell you different." Slash says, now standing behind me.
"You'd look even prettier if you smiled more." He adds.

"All the girls in the crowd last night caught everyone's attention. They were all so beautiful. How can I ever compare." There's a sprinkling of light freckles across my cheeks and my boobs aren't as big as the party-goers.
"Dude, there were all those girls out there last night and everyone looked at you." Slash says with confidence before leaving the room, I stare intently into the mirror a couple more seconds before following him out.
He's only saying that to make me feel better. Right? Only Kurt looked at me all night and he was just being friendly.

"We all ready?" Axl asks, now dressed in his leather pants, Red Hot Chilli Pepper shirt and at the bar door, bag on his back and beer in hand. The drum kit is staying in the bar's storage until we come back for it when we finish the mini tour, as the other venues have drum kits already and I don't think you realise how hard it is carrying a drum kit around all the time!
"Just waiting for Izzy to come back with the money and we can go." Slash states, slinging his guitar case on his shoulder and fishing through his pockets for a cigarette.
Izzy strolls up to us from the office behind the bar, envelope in hand.

"Let's go! Let the tour commence!" He laughs, stuffing the envelope into his guitar case before he too slings it onto his shoulder.
Following the group out of the bar and into the blinding sunlight, I summon my sunglasses from my small shoulder handbag and slip them onto my face. Much better. Next stop, the Seattle Eagle bar. An eight mile walk. Fun.