American Girl

"So how'd you get Steven out the door so quickly sexy Lexy?" Duff asks quietly into my ear, his hot breath caressing my warm cheek as the lanky gentle giant nudges my side playfully, the whole band sits around a curved booth, hungrily shovelling pancakes or waffles into eager faces.
"With a clash, bang and wallop." I reply, smirking evilly as I casually twist my chestnut hair between my fingers and eyeing my now empty plate, thinking back at how quickly Steven leapt from the couch only a little while ago this morning.

"Tell Alex that I'm not talking to her until she makes it up to me!" Steven grumbles to Duff from across the sticky table, squished between Slash and Axl in the cheap breakfast bar we sit in, the atmosphere consisting of light chatter, plates clattering from the kitchen and the radio quietly playing a Tom Petty song called American Girl. I love this song!

"Steven wants you to make it up to him or he won't talk to you." Duff laughs and pokes my cheek as I frown towards the childish drummer, who looks at me with puppy eyes.
"Tell Steven I'm sorry." I say to Duff faking a cute sad face.
"I'm not your messenger!" Duff mocks hurt.
"Would you three please grow up?" Slash asks sassily whilst trying to fit the worlds biggest stack of pancakes into his mouth.
"Oh yeah, because you're so mature Mr. Slash." I reply in amazement.
The curly haired guitarist groans something about being the barrier between grumpy drummer and a stubborn female before continuing his pancake eating efforts.

Meanwhile, Axl chats up the curvy, girl-next-door looking waitress; Izzy, characteristically sits quietly and contently on the edge of the booth beside Duff, sunglasses resting on his head and a burning cigarette between his lips as he observes his surroundings.

Paying the bill and leaving, it seems me and Duff are back to normality after the bathroom incident as we continue to our last destination of the somewhat successful mini Seattle tour. After collecting our bags and instruments from the last venue, we start heading in the direction of the next stop, the walk will only be short due to the bar being relatively close.

"Hey Bails, remember when we used to do choir?" Ax asks me randomly as we sit backstage of yet another venue, shooting the shit as a group and waiting for the time to go on stage and give another awesome show.

"Yeah, and we used to do anything in our power to piss off the conductor." My brother laughs as he reminisces on the past.
"I guess all that gospel shit actually helped our voices in the long run." Axl states thoughtfully.
"Probably, but I'd still rather rip my own throat out than go back there." I cringe, me and Axl used to be forced to go to choir three times a week and sing for hours, the other kids used to pick on Axl for his long hair and both of us for our lack of a mother. Bastards.

"You sing too!?" Duff asks.
"Not as good as Axl but yeah, a little."
"You. Are. A. Dream." He blurts amazed.
"What was that McKagan?" Axl growls.
"Just that your sister is the closest thing to heaven." He mumbles to himself.
Axl, not hearing his last comment turns to Slash and starts chatting.
Meanwhile, my cheeks shine red and I look at the blonde tower to my left.
He looks up and meets my curious gaze, his cheeks match mine as he winks cheekily. Smiling like an idiot, I look towards Izzy to my right, only to receive the 'I heard all of that and you have some explaining to do' look.