Love Bites

William holds me by the shoulders and examines me, smirking as he looks at his leather jacket he left for me and spotting the worn cowboy boots on my small feet. I can't help but notice that he and Jeff have changed so much visibly since leaving home. They both wear eyeliner and leather, Will's hair is teased like the other guy's and messy, Jeff's left its usual shoulder length mop, and both guys are even skinnier, if it is even possible.

"I'm guessing you're fresh of the bus, but that doesn't explain why you're here with two strange men and my bassist. In my apartment." Will asks.
"We are not weird!" Steven states whilst trying to balance a drumstick on his nose. Will raises an eyebrow at him.
I let out a small laugh, "Do you guys want to get me a drink and sit down because this is a long story."

Once everyone has a drink of choice in hand (either vodka, beer or Jack Daniels) and was all sat comfortably around the room, I began to explain the chain of events that led me to LA, leaving out any parts about our step-father. Of course. Every time I said Will or Jeff the boys winced and the guys on the couch all looked confused. It was then I realised, Duff said we were meeting Izzy and Axl, and an Izzy answered the apartment phone.
"Where and who are Izzy and Axl?"
Duff's looks more confused than ever and Will and Jeffrey laugh a bit.
"Hi, little Terror, I'm Izzy." Jeffrey holds his hand out to me and I shake it confused.
"Hey there Bails, I'm Axl." Will does the same but using my middle name, the realisation hits me like a freight train and I begin laughing, clutching my stomach. The guys on the sofa also realise and chuckle quietly at my reaction.
"You changed your names...To that. Axl is pretty cool and I guess Izzy suits you Mr Isbell."
'Izzy' glares at me, "Shut up shortie."
I glare back.
"Don't ever call me Will again." Axl grumbles. I nod sympathetically. He's always hated the name. It was too common, too ordinary.

'Axl' then notices the other guys in the room and turns to face them, "Hi, I'm Axl. This is Izzy. Duff what's going on?"
"We were looking for a drummer and guitarist to replace Tracii and his gimp right? This is Slash, best guitarist there is and Steven, best drummer I know." The lanky bassist explains, gesturing to the other two men, to which they respond by mumbling a brief hey and nod to Axl and Izzy.
"Awesome. You guys brought your shit to show us what you got?" Izzy questions.

The three men hop to their feet and grab their equipment.
"Let's go!" Duff exclaims. Leaving the apartment, Steven and Slash trailing behind.
Once out of earshot my brothers turn to me.
"Where are you staying?" My actual sibling questions, his pale face serious with brotherly concern.
"With Duff I guess..." I mumble quietly.
Axl's face turns slightly red as his eyebrows furrow.
"You're staying with a guy you've just met, and his two friends, in a place you've never been!?" He growls at me.
"I didn't have much choice, but I trust Duff, even the other two, Duff can't be that bad if he's your bassist." I retort.
"You're staying with us." Axl states

I don't dare argue, I haven't got the energy after my journey here. I assure you though, I would usually win.
Axl and Izzy stand, Izzy running off down a hallway to which I presume, leads to his bedroom where his precious guitar is. My red-head brother holds out an outstretched hand to me and pulls me to my feet.
"We are going to see if Duff's friends fit the bill, then we are getting your stuff and moving you in here. You can share a bed with me or Izzy, or sleep on the couch."
"I missed you asshole." I smirk
"You too lil sis."

Izzy comes out of the hallway with his guitar case and gestures for us to leave. Locking the apartment on the way out and making our way to their practice space, catching up on life as we walked.
Sure I missed these two, but there's that little annoying voice in the back of my head
They left you, they don't need their little sister around, you're the reason they left, go back to Indiana, the city isn't for you Alexis.