Live Wire

"So I'll see you at the Roxy, 9?" Rachel asks as Skid Row leave the apartment a few hours later.
"Of course." I smile as I hug the handsome bassist, watching as he and the band mess around walking towards the stairway in the hall.
"Got a thing for bassists, huh?" Slash asks playfully from behind me after the boys are out of sight.
"Maybe I have a thing for men good with their fingers." I wink before leaving Slash beside the open door with what I can only presume are wide eyes beneath his mountain of raven curls, plopping down on my bed for a nap.

"Going out!" I shout as I yank on my cowboy boots beside the door, looking good wearing ripped jeans, grey Van Halen t-shirt and leather jacket.
"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Steven yells.
"Don't do anything Steven WOULD do!" Slash adds. I close the door amused and hear a distinct thwack indicating Steven slapping Slash on the head for his comment.

I make my way towards the Whiskey, getting into the club with a flirtatious smile towards the bouncer and taking a seat beside the reasonably crowded bar, observing the room, it's still fairly packed with people despite it being a Boxing Day evening.

"Excuse me miss, is this seat taken?" A tall, black haired man asks me with adorable puppy-dog eyes, indicating with a slim hand to the freshly vacated stool beside me.
"All yours." I smile kindly, sincerely hoping this guy isn't a creep.
"Drink?" He asks with a small lopsided smile.
"Sure."
"Two Jack Daniels, unless the lady would prefer otherwise?" The stranger asks towards the awaiting waitress behind the bar.
"That's perfect ."
"Two Jack Daniels coming up!" The girl responds enthusiastically, eying the man hungrily, I laugh a bit at her actions as she struts off.

"Here." She says with a wink towards the man as she places the two drinks on the bar and slips a piece of paper towards him.
She trots off to serve other customers and I giggle quietly.
"You get that a lot?"
"Unfortunately yes." He says as he screws the paper up and flicks it across the room into the crowd.
"So I'm Tommy, nice to meet you."
"Alexis, friends call me Alex."
"So, Alex, what brings you to the bar alone." He asks with genuine interest.
"I had to escape the apartment, living with my brothers and their band." I sigh, taking a long sip of my JD.
"So you like Van Halen?" He grins, pointing to my shirt.
"Love it, I'm guessing you're in a band Tommy, the teased hair and leather give you away." I smile.
"You're good! I am indeed, drummer. I live for music, what's your favourite band?"
"Other than my brother's band Guns N Roses, I'd have to say Def Leppard or Led Zeppelin."
"I like you already! And I've heard of Guns. They're good. Ever heard of Mötley Crüe?" He asks with a twinkle in his eye.
"Yeah! I love their sound, I bought one of their albums a couple weeks ago, Live Wire is my favourite."
"And the drum tracks on the album?" He grins.
"So you're the drummer for Mötley!?" I catch on to his hinting with a gasp.
"Yeah, I'm actually amazed to meet a girl who is talking to me for fun and not to get in my pants or wallet!" He smirks.
"Thanks." I giggle, finally feeling the affects of the whiskey, "I should really be going though, before my brother sends a search team."
"Here's my number Alex, I'd love to meet with you some time or you could come to a show?" He hands me a napkin with his scratchy handwriting.
"I'd love that! Thank you for the drink Tommy, it was awesome meeting you man!"
I slid from the stool and readjust my jacket.
"You too Alex, have a safe walk back, maybe call when you get in okay?"
"Will do Tommy, thanks again!"
I make my way through the crowd towards the exit and onto the lamp lit street.

"Guys I'm back!" I yell, slipping my boots off and skipping into the main room.
"I made a friend!" I announce to Steven, Izzy and Duff who sit around the room completely out of it. White powder traces on the small table.
Izzy's eyes widen upon seeing me, Duff scrambles to erase the powder from the table whilst Steven just smiles.
"Who!?" He giggles childishly.
"A...a guy called T....Tommy." I stammer, wide eyed and completely shocked, I quickly make my way to my room and slam the door, sliding to the ground with tears in my eyes.
"Of course they're on drugs." I whisper to myself.