Down Boys

"McKagan get the hell off of me!" I gasp from beneath the weight of the lanky bassist, much like the time Steven slept on me, there is a mass of blonde fluff in my face.
"Seriously dude!" I attempt rolling him from on top of me with no success other than freeing some of my face from his thick mane, enough to peer at the worn clock upon my wall. 7:38. Nobody will be awake to hear my screams.

Relaxing into the bed again, I decide to just deal with it, enjoying the man not being his usual cocky self. Swiping some golden hair from his peacefully sleeping face, I peer at his relaxed features, soft skin and angelic glow. I much prefer sleeping Duff these days.

"Why can't you always be this calm around me?" I whisper softly into his blonde fluff.
"Because you make me nervous." He sighs into my chest sleepily, causing me to startle.
"Duff are you awake?"
"Shh Lexy or they'll hear us." He mumbles, clutching my body tightly.
"Who will hear us?" I question confused.
"My parents and brothers, silly."
So he's dreaming about being at home. Should I take advantage of this. Yes.
"Duff, do you like me?" My cheeks redden slightly.
"Isn't it obvious? You're everything I want, but we can't keep sneaking around behind Liz's back."

It was then that his eyes flickered open, so golden in the early morning light, only to meet my hurt stare. "I had the weirdest dream about you." He says quietly.
"Just get off of me McKagan. Please." I murmur almost silently, tears beginning to surface in my eyes. The bassist completely abandons my body leaving it to the cool air.

Gracefully yet quickly sliding from the small bed, I slide into the nearest pair of pants, turning out to be some of Axl's old pyjama bottoms.

"What are you doing up so early!?" Is groaned from the pool of bodies in the living room.
"My bunk mate is an ass, coffee?" I grumble the question quietly as I step into the messy kitchen, flicking on the kettle.

"Alexis, right?" A gruff voice asks from the doorway.
I reply without turning, collecting a pair of chipped mugs from the cabinet.
"Yeah, and you are?"
"Scotti, I've heard a lot about the sister of Axl Rose, rebellious, trouble making terror, you don't come across so wild, why is that?"
I stop the coffee making progress to face the guy with an unreadable expression.
"Maybe people don't really know me too well." I say emptily.
"I guess I'll have to get to know you then." He smirks.

I set both our coffees on the lounge table, Scotti taking a seat on the opposite couch whilst I perch on the arm rest of the opposing one as to not disturb the peacefully sleeping Slash sprawled across the seat.
"So do you like him?"
"Who?" I ask confused, looking up from my clasped hands.
"Rachel, who else?" He chuckles, leaning forward to grab his hot drink.
"He's a really nice guy, do we have to talk about this?" I shift uncomfortably under his gaze.
"Sorry, I'm not used to talking to self-respecting women." He smiles, scanning me carefully. Messy bun, baggy band t-shirt and borrowed shorts.

"Why are you guys awake so early!?" Is mumbled from the floor behind the couch Scotti sits on leisurely.
"Rob, what are you doing down there?" Scotti asks curiously, peering over the sofa back.
"Sleeping, obviously, you guys got any pills for this killer hangover?" He groans.

One by one, everyone awakes to sit around the lounge with coffee and pills to get over their hangovers.
"Is anyone going to introduce us to the newbie?" A Skid Row guy coughs from the corner of the room.
Duff looks up from the floor where he sits as if to say something but is beat by Rachel who sits with his head on my shoulder sleepily.
"Guys this is Alexis, Lex, that's Seb, the singer. Snake, lead guitar. Rob, drummer and Scotti, guitar." He says whilst pointing to each guy.
"Hey." I smile shyly.