I'll Be There For You

Duff's P.O.V (point of view)

She's so cute and innocent, it makes me wonder what Axl and Iz could have done to her to make her become so heartbroken when she's around them. It's like she's in a battle with herself to forgive them for whatever they did or never talk to them again. You can tell she loves them but can't bring herself to get over whatever they've done.

This is what I think about whilst I stare at her, sleeping against Slash, she should be curled up against me, it should be me who strokes her soft hair from her peaceful face, not Slash. He looks at her intently, unaware of my gaze.
And if this driver doesn't stop staring at her like a piece of meat with boobs, I will personally throw him through his own truck window, I can tell that Izzy and Axl are thinking the same thing.

An hour or so later when everyone but Izzy and I are sleeping softly (not Steven, Steven stores like a fucking dying whale), the driver pulls over at a gas station, I can tell by how his hands shake, his eyes follow every sound and the sweat gathers on his forehead that he needs a fix, guessing from the empty pill cases hidden badly in the driver side pocket and spoons in his empty coffee mug, this guy is on pills and either liquid cocaine or heroine.
Great.

He closes the door quickly and makes a brisk jog to the dingy station toilets, looking around me, the only person awake is still Izzy, sitting in the far corner smoking a cigarette and reading a magazine he found on the ash trodden floor.
Axl's head rests against the window beside me and I close clumsily crawl my way over to Izzy, dragging a heavily sleeping Steven to my place beside Axl and sitting myself beside the dark haired guitarist.

He looks at me curiously, "what's up man?"
He asks offering me a cancer stick from his open Marlboro packet, I gratefully accept one and light it with the flip lighter he hands me.

"What happened to Lex, Izzy?" I ask.
He lets out a sigh before flicking his cig out the open crack in the window.
"I don't know too much, Axl knows more than me and he doesn't like talking about it, but basically, Axl and Terror's mother ran away when they were kids, left them with their Step-dad. He was abusive towards them both, mainly Axl. Something to do with him having the hair of Satan and that kind of shit. So when I left for LA, Axl followed to get away. By then, we were both old enough to leave, Terror wasn't so we promised to come back to get her when she turned 18. We lost contact with her when she was 17 and hadn't spoke to her until you found her. Two years.
"I get that you guys left Ozzy, I really do, the guy sounds like a bastard, so you think the step-Dad took Axl leaving out on Lex?" He nods shortly, sadness oozing from him.

"Almost certainly." He whispers to the floor, just loud enough for me to hear him.
"You could've taken her with you guys Iz."
I mutter in response.

"She was 17, we stayed as long as we could, Axl nearly died a couple times by his beating and if we took Terror, he threatened to get us arrested for kidnap. She's like my sister for Christ's sake, it was the hardest thing we ever did." Izzy looks down at his lap in frustration mixed with anger.

"I do understand how much you love her, but I couldn't have left her."
Izzy goes to respond but the driver opens his door and climbs in, "lets go. Let's go!" He mutters happily to himself over and over, starting the engine and tearing out of the station parking. Hitting the road once again at high speeds.
I turn my attention to Lex, who sleeps like the angel she is, wrapped warmly in Slash' embrace.
She will be mine one day. I'm sure of it