Chapter-2

Widowmaker

The ship hums as it slices through the sky with grace and the night goes on peacefully. Yet Widowmaker cannot get her thoughts of that pest out of her mind. That pest who flashes by as quick as light, the pest with a constant cheerful expression, smiling on as if there was not a thing in the world that can go wrong. Widowmaker knows of her past, of what she has done, and who she hurt as well as abandoned.

That is all in the past now.

The literally cold-blooded assassin stared at nothing, only at the cold metallic wall of the ship she was on. Her thoughts were interrupted as a static noise in her earpiece rang, indicating that there was a certain someone wanting to contact her.

Merde, another pest.

Rolling her eyes, the silent killer accepted the call.

"Did you do what you have to?" A grimm voice growled. However, Widowmaker was not threatened. She is one of the most valued assets in Talon, a terrorist group who seek the destruction of Overwatch, which was the opposite of Talon.

"Oui, Target: Tekhartha Mondatta has been assassinated." Widowmaker reported.

"Excellent..." Reaper chuckled evily, "return to HQ, and get reconditioning done."

"Roger that, boss." Widowmaker replied sarcastically as she ended the call.

What a bother.

      Soon, the ship landed in Talon's Headquarters and Widowmaker heads to the medical wing.

"Back already, Widowmaker?" Her doctor asked, only to be ignored. Shrugging, he fixes up her chambers. She walks towards it, and pauses. Is this what she really wants? Lose emotion and lose who she used to be?

You have to. It's all your fault you got into this mess.

Sighing, she continued walking and lay down in her chamber. Putting on her gas mask, she relaxed as she strained her ears to hear the comforting tapping of the doctor's fingers on the screen. Soon, she felt her eyes close, her breathing slowed, and the familiar beating of her heart faded away.

"Lena, come on!"  Amèlie calls, as she sees her friend running with effort. The poor girl who ran panted exhaustedly,

"Amèlie, do not ever make me run again!" The long, brown haired girl exclaimed with her highly thick English accent, while trying to catch her breath.

"It wasn't even that far!" Amèlie laughed.

"For you, maybe. Me? Not even close, love." Lena chuckled, looking at her friend with her enticing hazel eyes. Amèlie did not seem to notice for she was looking at the city from the hill they ran on.

"Lena... Do you think...if we ever parted..we'll remember this sight?" Amèlie breathed.

Eyes opened once more. Looking around, Widowmaker realized she was in her chamber. The door opened and she stepped out, the doctor acknowledging her presence with a nod, as he stepped out.

And so, a new day has begun.