Chapter 27

Hana

"–And I completely flipped him off!" Lena laughed heartily.

Hana laughed along while Sombra covered her mouth with her claw-like hand, clearly trying to hide her own chuckles as well. It's been weeks that they've been in this place. Sombra's been working on how to come in contact with Overwatch's radio without being found out by Talon.

She took a bite out of the fish that Sombra caught, no, zapped from a lake they found while they were hunting for food not two hours ago.

"Hey, how about this lake? We can totally get some guppies here!" Lena exclaimed from atop of a tree she blinked on.

"Great, it's like we're living in the world of fucking 'Hatchet,'" Sombra rolled her eyes, which resulted in Hana scoffing with disbelief caught in her throat. The hacker narrowed her eyes at the gamer. "What?"

"You read?" Hana laughed. Hatchet certainly was a classic.

"¿Problema?" Sombra pouted. She walked up to the bank of the lake and squatted down. Sombra reached out and tapped her finger on its surface. "Boop!"

And the massive area that surrounded her finger rippled as fishes of different size, different colors and kinds floated up to the surface, sending more ripples throughout the body of water. Standing back up to turn to Hana, Sombra lay a hand on her hip. "Dinner is served, m'lady," She said smugly.

"Oh, nice!" Lena praised as she hopped down eagerly from the tree branch she was on.

Now, they had dinner. It was like going camping, except you had a cold-hearted assassin after you.

Lovely.

Lena stood up once more, bringing another untouched fried fish with her. "I kinda wanna...eat alone for a bit. Is that alright?" She asked Hana for permission.

Hana hesitated, but nodded her head anyways. She recieved a thankful smile from the British girl, which Hana returned as well. Lena's been wanting to be alone so much recently that Hana's starting to get worried. It's like she's not able to do anything to make Lena feel better at all.

Once Lena was out of earshot, Sombra ushered the Korean girl over to her side. Hana groaned, "Sombra, I'm sick of your sh–"

"Just look."

Sombra opened her hologram and the screen showed the scenery of a forest, and it seemed like it was taken from a camera because the screen was bobbing up and down, like the person holding the camera was walking.

Hana furrowed her brows in confusion. "What is this?" She demanded, yet she didn't expect an answer. "This doesn't feel right. This feels so messed up. Sombra, I think I'm done watchi–"

"'Will you come into my parlour?' said the Spider to the Fly."

Hana froze. Widowmaker?

"'Oh no, no,' said the little Fly."

Hana held her breath.

Lena.

"Oh." She muttered. Of course.

Hana felt like filth, prying into someone else's business like this. She doesn't know how Sombra can do it so easily, using one's own privacy as a weapon against themselves. Yet she kept watching, her eyes glued right to the screen. Each second while her eyes stuck to the video her heart was given a squeeze, making the vice-like grip tighter with each beat.

Lena seemed so happy just by being around her, and it hurt Hana so much that she couldn't provide the same kind of power as Widowmaker has.

Hana's eyes started to sting with tears threatening to spill. Running her hand through her silky brown hair, she took a deep breath. Sombra hasn't done anything, just respecting Hana's fragile current state.

"Stupid Lena," She whispered to herself, "you didn't have to be lying to me."

Question after question embedded themselves onto Hana's mind. How long has she been doing this? Did Lena ever think about when to tell her? Was Lena even going to tell her at all?

All these common questions, but different and rare answers.

Hana bit her lip, trying to hold it all in. But her eyes gave way. Hana wept. She wept, and wept, and wept while Sombra held her like she was a baby.

"Turn it off, Sombra. Please." In the middle somewhere in that command Hana's voice cracked and she hated it. Why would she show herself to be soft to a stranger like Sombra? An enemy? Not to mention one of Talon's best?

All these different and rare questions, but common answers.

This wasn't Hana's first heartbreak, but this hurt the same as the rest. Maybe even more. But this wasn't the time to be in such a state. After a few minutes of Hana leaning on Sombra's shoulder, she straightened her back and wiped her tear-stained cheeks and sniffed. Sombra kept silent. She took a deep breath.

"So..."

"So," Sombra said. The previously soul-crushing atmosphere was replaced with awkward tension.

"You put a freakin' camera in her clothes that night you gave them back to her, huh?" Hana assessed.

"My, aren't you the smart one?"

"Whatever, you're such a creep!" Hana forcefully chuckled, giving Sombra a playful shove.

"Hey! You gotta give me more credit for what I do. Being a 24 hour hacker is so exhausting."

"Creepy as hell."

"I am not! I'm just doing what I'm good at!" Sombra pouted. Hana has to admit, Sombra does look a tad bit adorable when she makes that expression.

"Why do you do it?" Hana asked.

"Ah, I thought you'd never ask! You see, mija, anything can be hacked. Anything, and anyone. Then it makes them so easy to manipulate, to bend them to your will and it makes you feel powerful. Pretty cool, if you ask me."

"Yeah, but doesn't it make you feel like shit after you use them?"

"Well, sure. However," Sombra pointed up a finger in her defense, "Since I've been a bad guy almost my whole life, you just get used to it, y'know?"

"As someone who was chosen by an organization to save people," Hana yawned before she finished, "Can't relate."

"Tired?"

"Honestly, yes. I think I'm going to sleep." Hana dismissed as she lay down on the apron she got from her maid outfit from the hotel, using the garment as a mat. Before she allowed dreadful rest to take over, she ended her night with a final sentence.

"I don't think you're a bad person, Sombra." And her eyes, so exhausted from all the crying, embraced the sleep gratefully.

She never caught Sombra's reply.

"I wish I can say the same, Hana."

A/N: Hey! I've been hella inactive (I'm sorry) but if you guys don't know, Hatchet is a book about this kid who was on a plane trip and the plane crashed in this island and he's practically alone and he does dumb shit but learns from it....soon after doing the same dumb shit a couple times until he gets the idea of "oh wow i dont think im supposed to that" anyways, the main theme of the book is survival. Burn your happiness because I just found out finals is next month.