Chapter 32

Widowmaker

      Think.

About what? She has done everything she can to keep herself in check. And yet... that unbelievably stupid woman and her cheerful voice continues to prod into her brain. Amélie's mind races as she weighs her options. She wished, so badly to just run away with Lena. But she can't. Sadly, this is what fate has in store for her.

      As if I ever believed in any of that shit.

      Maybe...

She stops walking as the three in front of her halts their pace as well, the sound of leaves crunching disappears from the silence that has appeared through the atmosphere. Amélie drops her gun, and crosses her arms. She attempts to disguise her nervousness for what she's about to say, the curious stares from the three aren't helping.

"Love?" Lena asks cautiously, as if approaching a wounded puppy. Amélie turns around, no longer bearing to see the faces of those she hurt. The guilt has finally melted her stone cold façade. All the eyes of the hundreds to thousands she's killed for the feeling of pleasure stare down at her sternly, yet encouraging her, protecting her, reassuring her.

It's time.

"There's something I have to tell you three. It's about Gabriel."