Chapter 20

Lena

      "What the hell, Lena!?" Hana yelled.

"Sh, Hana, the neighbours will–"

"I don't give a shit, I need answers!"

Lena's been trying to calm the gamer down for the past 15 minutes, but it hasn't been working at all.

"I will give you answers when you calm down!" Lena tried to bribe Hana. Finally, fucking finally, it worked.

Giving Lena a long hard stare, the gamer sighed and sat on the bed with her arms crossed like a grumpy troll. "Explain."

"Okay, so, like, I woke up, I was pissed off too, okay? But this lady had this mad hacking skills and she totally fucked up my chronal accelerator so I pretty much given up on escape, y'know, and–"

"What!?" Hana gasped with disbelief.

"–Hold on, love, let me finish–and like, I've been trying to figure out what to do until you came so now, we both can get outta here!" Lena gleefully concluded. "By the way, what's the plan?"

"Plan?" Hana asked...much to Lena's horror.

"Oh no, you don't have one?"

"Oh, sorry for trying to save you, Lena." Hana pouted.

"But what's the point if we don't get out of here!?"

"I don't know!"

"What do you mean you don't know!?"

"They said you were dead, Lena!"

"I–" Lena paused. What?

"You didn't know?"

"How long have I been out for?" Lena asked.

Hana raised an eyebrow questioningly. "Talon didn't tell you how long you've been out, or?"

"I...never really asked. It feels like it was just a day, so..."

"You've been gone for months, Lena."

A/N: This chapter is super short, I know, but please bare with me. It's boutta get lit :)