Chapter 28

Tracer

      It's been about five weeks since they've been out in the wild. Sombra won't admit it, but even she knows that they're lost by now. Despite this problem, the forest is full of life. Birds chirping, the waves of the ocean lapping up the sand.

It's not that bad. It's...actually kind of nice.

Suddenly, Tracer has come up with an idea.

"Hey, guys!" She called out to the two walking ahead. They both turned their heads at Lena's call for attention. "Wanna go for a swim? I know that there should beach nearby. God knows we need this break."

"Oh, because five or so weeks of isolation isn't enough, huh?" Sombra said sarcastically, resulting in a snickering Hana.

"Oi."

"Well," Hana started, her hand resting on her hip, "We kinda stink. I think we should."

Lena's eyes lit up as she clapped her hands. "That's two against one. So, ha!"

"Fine. Lead the way, Oxton." Sombra sighed in annoyance.

"That's Miss Oxton to ya, love." Lena's said with a cheerful tone edging her words as she walked ahead.

It's been 30 or so minutes, and still the trees hasn't revealed a single grain of white sand or the scent of the ocean breeze.

"Lena, are you sure you know where we're going?" Hana questioned.

"Of course! As a pilot, I'm required to have a pretty good sense of direction." Lena reassured.

"But... you're an ex-pilot." Hana reminded.

"Don't worry about it, Hana. Miss Oxton knows what she's doing." Sombra chimed in.

"Oh, bug off! I swear, I know where we're headed! Just trust me a bit, here."

"Sombra, shouldn't you know your own island?" Hana asked Sombra.

"Hey now, ladies. I stay cooped up in a room nearly all day." Sombra defended herself.

"Yep. We're lost." Hana facepalmed.

Lena was about to argue that they weren't lost when a noise caught her ear.

Waves!

And she was sure that she wasn't the only one that heard it. Hana and Sombra were ahead of her in less than two seconds, running onwards to the soft white sand and the calm blue ocean. Lena inhales the ocean beeze eagerly, soaking up the smell of salt.

Hana turns her head, not bothering to stop running. "Lena! You comin' or what?"

Lena smiled at the sight. If none of their lives were in danger and the Overwatch team were here (if only Talon didn't own this island), Lena would be so much more happier than she is now. "Yeah, yeah! Go ahead!"

She took off her jacket, shirt and leggings, leaving her in her undergarments. Her feet sunk onto the sand's surface, the warmth of the earth embracing the soles of Lena's feet. Slowly, the warmth started getting colder as she started getting closer to the ocean, then the warmth receeded completely as the water completely engulfed both her feet and above while she kept running towards the two. Sombra and Hana were already half naked, splashing each other with water. Swimming to get to the two, she finally reached her destination.

Her hands cupped the ocean and sent mounds of the water at either Hana or Sombra, who in turn splashed back at Lena.The three shared giggles and laughter. Something they just started doing a while ago.

"Aye, guys, look out! There's a big one coming up!" Sombra warned gleefully as a large wave crawled at a quick pace.

The force of the wave was equal to getting slapped in the face.

With a chair.

Painlessly.

Lena felt her body be played like a ragdoll by the ocean, spinning aimlessly as she pushed herself back up onto the surface. "Damn, that was–"

An unexpected wave, just as massive as the first one but slightly smaller, hit Lena once more. She didn't have enough time to gasp for air before she willed her arms and legs to push upwards once more. Sombra was already up and gasping.

But...Hana was nowhere to be seen.