Chapter-8

Widowmaker

Her legs felt fatigue and her knees burned. Widowmaker was aware that she has been running for a good 15 minutes until she hopped onto her motorcycle that she parked. She really needed reconditioning. If she didn't....

If she didn't, she won't be able to stop the aching in her heart.

Lena did something to her. And she's not stupid, she's felt this way for a certain someone before. She felt it for Gerard. Now, she's feeling it for the person she knows that she has to wipe from the face of the Earth.

Everything....

Her left eye felt overwhelmed with a liquid she hasn't recognized in a long time.

Everything hurts...

Arriving onto Talon's headquarters, she rushed onto the clinic where her chamber belonged. Before she was able to open the door, a voice made her freeze in her tracks.

"Did you kill her yet?" The slow, yet menacing voice asked.

"D...Don't you know anything about being an assassin? You're supposed to observe the prey before pouncing." Widowmaker replied. She stayed facing the door, refusing to turn to the person that she is conversing with. She can't look at him in her current state.

"Hmm.... Very well." He dismissed.

As soon as Widowmaker sensed that he was gone, she sighed and went inside the room.

Turning on the lights, she observed the room.

The doctor must have left early.

With furrowed eyebrows, she turned on the screen, typing in her information. Soon after, the screen lit up brightly.

"Amélie Lacroix. Age: 33. Nationality: French. Height: 5'7'." Would you like to continue?" The machine asked. Tapping "yes," she settled herself in her chamber, grabbing the gas mask. She inhaled and exhaled, repeating the process multiple times until she felt drowsy. Until her mind has refreshed, free of emotions.

"Why can't you just love me, instead of him? Why am I never enough for you!?" Lena yelled as she chased after her best friend.

Amélie felt an arm grab her arm.

"Let. Me. Go." She hissed.

Lena's eyes widened in shock, her grip softening.

"Why?" Her voice whispered. The way Lena asked stung Amélie's heart, but she knew it was for the best.

"Stay out of my business!" She spat. Lena, of course, was being stubborn.

"No, I won't!" Lena cried, as she desperately turned Amélie around to plant a hungry kiss on her lips.

Widowmaker's glowing eyes snapped open. She sat up, her fingers rubbing circles on the sides of her temple.

What the fuck was that just now?

She tries with all her might to remember what she dreamt of, but she couldn't focus with the massive headache she's getting. Looking at the clock, it read 5:45 AM. Widowmaker sighed as she stepped out of her chamber, the room, and turned towards the door to get out of the building. Soldiers jogged, trained, some played basketball to pass the time while waiting for their next mission. As soon as she took a step out of the door, silence swept the atmosphere, followed by whispers.

"Oh, it's her."

"I heared that she..."

"Did she really..."

"She looks terrifying."

Despite the stereotype that women always gossips, boy, these "soldiers" sure did prove that wrong.

Widowmaker's eyes observed her surroundings.

Pathetic...

It was silent enough that you could hear even the slightest shift in movement.

The silence left as quickly as it came.

The so called "soldiers" returned to their duties nervously, hoping that the professional sniper isn't targeting them next due to their lack of hardwork.

Continuing where she left off, Widowmaker looked at the sky. Slowly, but surely, the horizon broke into a breathtaking color best described as salmon while the sun began to rise.

Widowmaker's thoughts soon raced about the events that happened last night.

What even. You can't even kill a loud-mouthed brat. Useless.

As her mind spoke, Widowmaker immedietley grabbed her beloved weapon, her Widow's Kiss, and set out once more to hunt down her prey.