Chapter-3

Tracer

Grumbling, Lena shifted on her bed, trying to comprehend the nightmare occuring in her sleep.

"Amèlie!?" She called. The French woman was nowhere to be found. It was not too long ago she heard a gunshot in Amèlie's and Gerald's house while Lena was strolling nearby. Immedietely blinking to her house, she kicked down the door, only to find a body covered with a blanket covered with blood. Bloody hell... Lena thought with shock. Walking slowly towards the bed, she stopped, deciding if she should uncover the identity of the corpse.

God, please don't let it be her...

Her palms sweating with anxiety, tiny gleaming orbs slowly rolling down Lena's forehead, she quickly took the blanket off and she felt her heart stop.

"No!" Lena screamed herself awake. Seconds later she heard her name being yelled.

"Lena!?" A young teenager called as she ran towards the shivering figure, crying helplessly on her bed. Hana hugged her dormmate tightly. "It was a nightmare, Lena. Lena please, stop crying it was just a dream." She hugged back as if Hana was her life saving device, and she were about to drown.

Another few seconds passed by, and another figure walked in. A woman with blonde hair and pale skin rushed in. "Is she okay?" She panted. Clearly the woman ran to Lena's room, not stopping for any rests.

"She's okay, Angie. Lena had a nightmare. It's worse than the others, though." Hana added. Angela stood, watching at how weak the usually cheerful Overwatch agent is. As the silence went on, Lena's sniffling and tears has ended. Wiping the liquid off her cheeks, Lena's warm smile returned.

"I'm sorry I woke you two, loves! Thank you both for comforting me in the dead of the night, but I honestly think you two should go back to bed." Lena apologized. Hana smiled sadly as she ruffled Lena's hair, and left with a mock salute to the two in the room.

The two stared at each other, embracing the comforting silence. Angela was the one who spoke first.

"Is it her again?" The respected doctor asked with a sad expression.

Looking down and nodding her head slowly, Lena answered, "I just... I miss her so goddamn much, Angie. After the Lacroix incident, you know I've never given up on her search. Never lost hope on that one, she was everything to me. No. She is everything to me. I love her. I love her so much, Angie." She confessed with tears threatening to spill.

"I know, I know, child. I believe you, I believe what you said that Widowmaker is Amèlie. I just can't fit the pieces together, that's all." Angela assured, giving Lena the feeling of motherly love.

"Thanks, Angie. I just don't know what to do anymore. I want her back." Lena concluded, tears finally breaking free.

      As the healer stood up to leave, she heared Lena say something that brought a smile to her face.

"You'd make a great mother, you know that?"
--------------------------
Another day, another mission. Lena thought as she geared up. As she exited her dorm, she passed by Hana, who was strapping herself into her mech. Making eye-contact, they nodded at each other with a smile. A dorm Lena passed by had blasting music on, dubstep playing, and instantly she knew who occupied the room.

"Oi, Luciò!" She called with her thick English accent. "How's your new mixtape, mate?" Lena asked.

"Doing great, L! I just need to do a few more editing here and there, is all." He replied with a grin, "Anyways, I'm almost finished with it!"

"You better finish it! We're gonna be late!" Lena says as her goggles flashed, indicating a call from her ally. Accepting the call, Lena greeted the caller with excitement. "G'day Faheera! What's up?"

"Lena, do good in the battlefield, let it rain justice!" She replied as gunshots were heard in the background.

Up and awake already, huh?

Getting in the dropship, Lena awaited for the others to come. Heavy footsteps, and some quick ones filled the ship. The squad was here. Lúcio came and saw Lena, and waved as he sat next to her, ranting of how close he was to finishing his mixtape, he demonstrated by putting his thumb and pointer finger millimeters apart. At first, it captured Lena's interest, however, the feeling soon turned to boredom.

This is war. War takes so many lives, when an individual only has one.

      Lena felt the ship lower to the ground, and it seems that everyone else did too. Standing up, Reinhardt went up to the front to cover our fronts, as usual. As the door opened, we can already hear the sounds of yelling, grunting, and for those who lay in pain, moaning. Bile rose up in Lena's throat as the scent of blood crawls up her nostrils, but she tries to keep it inside her.

      When the door went down completely, everyone gave a quick "hurrah!" and charged. Some either stayed behind Reinhardt, and some aimed for cover. Lena went behind Reinhardt, and Jack went behind Hana.

      "My shield's low!" Reinhardt yelled with his German accent.

      She ran inside a building and saw Angela frantically using her staff to heal as many of our wounded soldiers as possible. "Need any help, love?" Lena offered.

      "Of course not! You don't know a thing about being a medic!" Angela's harsh words made Lena flinch, but she understood that it was merely because of the pressure put on her role as healer.

      Soon, Lena was in the streets. Running as fast as she can, her reflexes failed her as a butt of a gun hit her in the face, knocking her down. The enemy soldier kicked her once more, and aimed the barrel right between her eyes. But before the man pulled the trigger, his ears started bleeding. He fell over and Lúcio was behind him with a smug look.

      "Thank God, Lúcio!" Lena sighed with relief, still laying on the dusty ground.

      "Well, you looked like you could use some help." He laughed as he offered his hand.

      Lena was about to accept the offer when suddenly everything felt as if it were in slow motion. A small, tiny projectile went clean through Lúcio's head, and blood was spilled everywhere. Lena's breathing stopped as Lúcio's eyes went bloodshot and he knelt, then fell face first into the floor. The blood, still oozing out of his head.

"No! No, no, no! Lúcio, stay with me. Stay with me, Lúcio. Help! Medic! Angela! Anyone, please!" She screamed in desperation as she looked around, but there was no one there. "Lúcio, don't fucking leave me, you hear? Y-You have that mixtape you have to finish, a-a-and you were so close remember? You were so..." Lena chocked back her sobs, as she looked at the direction of where the bullet came from.

I'm going to fucking kill who did that.