Ch.1 ( goodbye )

Beep,beep,beep,beep
I looked up at the foot of the bed, just watching her breath. The only person who ever showed me any love or kindness was now dying right in front of me. I talked to the doctors earlier and they told me it was her time. The tumors were to big to remove, this was going to be her last day. My mother, Julia Hutson was one of the longest fighters in batel.  Fighting off the brain cancer, slowly loosing her sanity and her life. I worked for hours on end with three jobs to pay for medical bills,rent and food. After my drunk of a father drove himself to the bottom of a bay, it was just me and her.
Her fight brought hope for a lot of people and this help a little with the donation, but now it was time to say good bye. The news crew made their way at the back of the room, I just stood there holding her hand trying my best to hold back my tears. I didn't want to be alone, I still don't. What am I supposed to do with my life if I'm all alone.
"Are you scared?" She said as she squeezed me hand tighter.
Are you kidding me? Hehehe........I'm tariffed, mom please don't go, I don't want to be alone in this world......
I did the best I could but some tears made their way out. I whipped them off and she took my other hand.
"Baby look at me.....there something that you need to know, something that I didn't tell you. Do you remember mike?"
His name left a bitter taste on my tung, mike was my father. He wasn't all bad at first, he was a hard working man until I turned three. That's when he started drinking, gambling away the rent money and lost our house. We had to move to where ever they payed the most. So we moved to New York City when I was five. Before that was Charleston South Carolina. I still remember the nights he'd take his frustration out on me in the parking lot when he go fired over and over again
Ya I remember mike.....why?
She reached down and under her pillow and pulled a letter out. On the letter was a name, Gabriel agrest.
"About few months, almost a year before I met mike. I met a man that I loved unconditionally, his name was Gabriel agrest. He was a good man, we lived in Paris and we were happy for some time but eventually started to put his work before me, so I left him and moved to the U.S. When I met mike I was already pregnant. I convinced him it was his and we lived our lives together till he died."
Mike....wasn't even my father!!! I looked at her with wide eyes even more tears came out. I didn't like mike but he was the closest thing to a father for me. Now she was telling me that my father is some guy that lives in Paris, I wonder if he's still alive.
I looked behind me to see that the news team behind me was loose their mind, chatter made their way to the front of the room. "The lost son of the agrest" what the hell dose that even.
Beeeeeeeeeeeep,beep,beeeeeeeeeep
My head whiplash to my mother, her eyes turned to mine. Her heart was stoping,and starting and stoping over and over. My heart jumped to my throat, I couldn't breath, i couldn't even look away. As the monitor flat lined she pushed the letter in to my hand........time seemed to stand still.
Her eyes slowly faded away to gray, I felt a hand take my shoulder. I was being pulled back and out in to the hall way as doctors rushed in.
I just sat their in the hall, nothing seemed to feel right. To me the world itself seemed to stop and it would never move again. I don't know why but I just walked out......I just needed to walk out of that godforsaken hospital. For three years I worked to pay for The medical bills the treatments the surgery. But in the end I lost her anyways.  I walked home to our......my crummy apartment. Three floors up and down the hall. I walked in and didn't even bother to turn the lights on. I walked in and just made my way face first on to my bed, I didn't sleep I just payed there and stared at the ceiling waiting for the sun to come up. I don't know how long it was but what felt like minutes could have been longer. Eventually the sun came up and I got up and headed to the bathroom.
I looked at my self in the mirror, I tried to fix my thin black messy hair, and my emerald green eyes were bloodshot. Serves me right for not getting any sleep, but on the other hand I didn't feel so tired.
I made my way out to living room, it was mostly empty since I had to sell most if not all the furniture. All but the beds and tv. I walked over and turned the tv on and made my self a bowl of cereal.
"Last night on CNN, Julia Hudson passed away. Her last few moments she would unravel a secret of her sons father Who was formally known as Mike Hudson who died over 14 years ago. Julia Hudson was a cancer fighter and of beacon of hope for many. Before she died she reveal ( reader) Hudson's true father to non other than Gabriel agrest. The world number one fashion designer in Paris. Questions are rising to the surface. Did Gabriel agrest abandon his son for 19 years? How did (reader) not know who his father was?  Some are climbing this to be a hoax and a means to gain money.  Witnesses last seen ( reader)Hudson heading home after the death of his....
*crash*

I through my bowl of cereal as hard as I could to the screen and shattered it, I walked over and turned it off. I was in no mood to hear about this. Again tears started to roll down my face I couldn't hold it any longer my mother was gone and I was all alone.
*three days later*
For the last three days everyone from the street seemed to notice me, some have their sympathy others just thought i was a kid trying to bribe a rich guy to getting his money. Either way it starting to get annoying. I could really go anywhere without the paparazzi coming around,couldn't go to work could get food. pretty much I just lock myself in the apartment, I didn't feel like working anyways.
Eventually the paparazzi found my address and started to wait out my front door. The only way out was by roof tops. Not like I had a problem with that.
It was now morning and my mothers funeral was yesterday. Didn't take much, I said my goodbyes and ran. I didn't want to talk to anyone, not even the pastor. I just wanted to be left alone. I looked over the letter, I didn't open it but can't say I wasn't curious to find out was said inside.
Ring ring ring
The phones ring echoed in the nearly empty room. I walked over to take it.
"Bonjour est ce (reader) Hudson?"
What the....?? Bonjour????
Obviously The woman on the other line was French, Lucky for me before dropping of High school i took French for two years.
Yes this is (reader) Hudson to me I'll be speaking to? I tried to sound as formal as possible.
" my name is Natalie, i'm a personal assistant of Gabriel agrest and it has come to my attention that you have claimed to be the son of mr.agrest. It this right?"
No I never claimed to be his son, those were my mothers last words to me before she passed away. May I ask why it even matters?
"You may not know this but as of recently the news of mr.agrest having an abandoned child Is bad Publicity, this may come to damaging his reputation. Mr. Agrest would like to meet with you and discuss the situation face-to-face."
I thought it over my head this could be my chance get some answers out of the away and give him his damn letter,for whatever reason it was for him.
I know it was because it read, to: Gabriel from you know who.
I didn't know if this guy was my father or not, maybe was just the tumors causing her to hallucinate or maybe it was the off chance this guy was my father and the DNA test would prove it.
Only problem in mind was that I have no way of getting to Paris. If the paparazzi left me alone I could  get back to work.
" I hope we have come to an understanding, are their any problems?"
Be honest there is one problem, I have no way of getting the Paris at least not at the moment. The most I got now is a few bucks on my account. How long can Mr. Agrest wait?
There was a long pause between the line, maybe she left or maybe she...
"We will make preparations to get you tomorrow morning, be ready and have a nice day"
With that the line went flat, I had until tomorrow to be ready? Like what the fuck?
I didn't matter, even if the guy was my father he probably wouldn't want me around anyways.  As soon as the DNA test comes back negative I could come right back and........and I'll still be all alone..... The way I see it, it's a lose lose situation. Then again,there's was the off chance that this guy actually wanted me in his life.......no not likely.  Either way I'm leaving tomorrow so I guess it goodbye New York and hello Paris.

So just in case anyone's wondering I went with the second idea for this story. It's a little darker and this chapter is short for a reason. It's just a build up, the next chapter will be a little longer but like I said it's a build up. Comment below on what you think and I might there are some misspelled words I am sorry, I've said this before English is not my first language so try to go easy on me please.
As always have an awesome day!!!!