Ch.31(moving out or moving on)

Ok before I start I just want to say I'm going to go off with A.
It was a 50/50 thing with Alya and Nino and some of you did say you wanted C.
If enough people picked C, I'd flip a coin and see what to pick.
Heads = both live
Tails= both die
I flipped a coin and got tails three times in a row, now I would have gone with that but I feel like the story would have taken a dark turn. Anyways I'm back and happy to be back.
A- save Alya.

The cold wind blew underneath our feet. We stood at his head stone. That day was a nightmare, how it went wrong so fast and maybe....just maybe I could have done something different.
The shimmering sun hits the horizon, the green grass glimmers and shines from the rain that came the night before.
Alya walks pass me with a hand full of flowers and sets them in his grave.
Nino.....why did you let go??
"(Reader)? You ok?" Mari ask me placing her hand on my shoulder.
Her warm embrace  pulling me in.
"Ya I'm fine, what about you?" I ask, wondering if she was really ok.
"I'm fine, it's Alya that I'm worried about. I think she blames herself for Nino....and maybe chat noir."
I looked over at Alya, her hair rolled up in to a bun, a dark jacket covered her. Her eyes slightly red from crying. She spoke in such a low tone, if it wasn't for my advanced hearing I wouldn't be able to here her.
"I'm sorry, maybe I should have been there more like you were there for me. Maybe...just maybe things would have ended different for us."
Alyas voice begins to crack.
I walk up and Neal next to her, placing my hand on her shoulder.
She looks back with a forced smile and tears running down her face.
Without even thinking I pull her in for a hug. Her small cries turn to a full out cry for help.
I feel another pair of arms around me, I look to see marinette had joined the hug.
We all brake away and state to walk away.
Before leaving I stop half way.
"(Reader) you coming??"
I look back at ninos head stone one last time, next to him was his best friend.
"Ya I'll be there in a sec, I forgot something." I call back and begin to walk back.
I neal down at and fell my eyes start to water up.
"I'm sorry, I'm sorry for not being good enough.....I'm sorry is wasn't strong enough...I'm sorry your not here now, but I promise you both....I will do better, I'll be better."
Just as I get up I feel plagg make his way out of my jacket.
His small green eyes landing on Adriens and ninos graves.
"You ok kid?" He ask with a warm smile.
"No Plagg, I'm not ok."
Flash back
"Just hold on ok!!!"
I cry out, the blood was rushing through my head, throbbing and pulsing.
My legs were growing numb and my grip getting weaker and weaker.
I look back at Alya and Nino, as the wall continued to crumble.
Alyas face turned pail as her grip became weaker. I looked back to Nino and his face seemed unfazed. His eyes looking all round, until they looked back at me.
Suddenly the fingers that gripped for dear life around mine let go.
"Th...the hell Nino!!!"
Alya looked back at Nino, his eyes looked back at her and then back to me. A smile crossed his face that send a shock through out my body.
"Nino what...what are you doing?!?!?!" Alya cried out.
"I'm sorry....really"
He reached out its his free hand and pulled away at my fingers.
"Nino stop!! Let me help,please!!!!' Panicked filled my voice as I lost my grip.
Suddenly my mind went numb, all I could feel was my hand hanging in thin air, Nino face growing smaller and smaller as he falls. Alyas voice turned to a muffled scream as Nino fell.
For what ever reason I couldn't scream, I just pulled Alya up with my new free hand the rest is a gone.
Next thing I know I see Alya on her knees looking down to a pile or rubble. Ladybug looked out and spoke to me but her words just wouldn't register. Her eyes grew wide as she spoke to Alya.

End of flash back
Plaggs eyes closes as he gave me a small hug, to be honest it was cute and it made me feel a little better. I Cupped him in my hand and lowered my head to hug them back.
As we walked back a car drove off from the Said walk.
"Alyas parents?" I asked walking up.
"Ya, I'm worried (reader)" she said taking my hand.
"Don't worry she's strong, she'll get through this." I said reassuring her.
" no not her, you" she said looking back.
I felt thrown off by her tone, worried over me? I'm not the one that's six feet under.
" Mari I'm fine, I... I just think we should head home."
Her eyes never left mine as she knotted her head.
Home, the word felt so empty for some reason. As we walked back to the bakery Sabin, marinettes mother took us both in to her arms. We talked and made up what happened when we were in the school. Alya never asked where I was or where I went.
A simple " I just ran away" Was simple enough to convinced them.
I laid still looking up at the ceiling of Maris room, tikki and Plagg were talking over at the window. Marinette had gone downstairs to get dinner and to talk to her mother.
I could hear her footsteps as she came up the stairs so I whistled to plagg signaling to hide.
Plagg quickly flew away from the window and hid under the bed.
As Mari came in with two plaits in hand I jumped out of the bed and held the door over her head.
She handed my dinner and we ate..or at least I tried.
I picked at my food little by little Mari noticed and she stop eating and walked around and behind me.
Her arms came over my shoulders and wrapped around me.
"Do you want to talk about it?" Her voice,calm and sweet.
"No..not yet." I said in a some what bitter voice. I didn't mean to but my voice just came out like that.
"You can't blame him for what happened, he did everything he could" she said.
I leaned forward and dropped my head and took a deep breath.
"No he didn't, he wouldn't let him . He.....he let go." I whispered
"W..what?? What do you mean he let go??"
"I mean he let go!! He just gave up, the way he looked ,he...he gave up without a fight. He pulled away at his own fingers and he lost his grip." I said nearly screaming.
She pulled away, her arms were off me.
I felt guilt was over me, I doubt I could scare her but if I could I know I wouldn't want to.
"I'm...Mari I'm so-" she jumped at me. Not hard enough to throw me back but hard enough to push me back.
Her hands wrapped around me, suddenly my legs gave out from under me.
Why now? Why did I start to cry now?
I couldn't cry at the funeral, I couldn't cry at his death but now...why now.
I cried in Maris arms and let everything out, I failed to save him and she doesn't even know it's my fault.
Would she hate me? Maybe yes maybe no. What about Alya? She was there and she saw everything but, what would she say.
All these thoughts running through my head as I cry in her arms.
Time passes and i look out in to the stars, the lights are off and marinette is sleeping soundly in her bed. The cold glass pressed up against my face as I look out.
My eyes stinging from earlier .
I walk pass the door and slowly make my way down the staires, hoping not to wake any o-.
"Tom you can't be serious, now of all times?"
Sabine's voice calls out in a hush whisper.
"Honey please know what it sounds like but it's been almost six months. Marinette is doing better and well...he's not sleeping in his own bed" tom's voice calls back.
"Bed?!? Tom he sleeps on our couch, he works for us and if it wasn't for him marinette might have never come out of her room."